• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy with Rob Bricken - Queen's Blade Nanael

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebirthedDuelist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:35 am Reply with quote
wow, thats weird, creepy realistic models, but hey, what ever floats your boat.
gar131

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:47 am Reply with quote
Heh heh... you think that that's bad, they have a Revoltech coming out of the same character that has some "interesting" uses for the milk.

Somewhat NSFW http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig09/10095710a6.jpg
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:55 am Reply with quote
I will put in my two cents on this particular character and her cast off. To me who is starting to collect figures do not mind seeing breast on a figure. Some do, Some don't, What catches my eye is the design and coloring of the figure. I recently made a purchase of the same character but a different figure.( She is also a cast off figure)If you do not want to see her show her goods, they almost always come out with a way to cover them. Here is what I got.

The reason I got her was not because she was a cast off but because of the way she looked intrigued me.
Alien1375

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:32 am Reply with quote
This whole 'Eww, this thing has nipples so it's disgusting, but I'm a professional so I have to review this'-joke is getting really old really fast....

At least I hope it's a joke, otherwise you guys have to change your name into 'Focus on the family: Christians Anime News Network'.
Agent355

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:16 am Reply with quote
OT: The thing I find most hypocritical in the sexual mores of today are people who don't mind (or prefer) seeing barely dressed/half naked fictional females, but freak out if a woman breatfeeds in public in, y'know, real life. It's funny, really.Very Happy

As for the figure:

A. "Nanael" is an interesting name. Just take a Japanese name and add an "angelic" Biblical suffix

B. Maybe it was a bad picture or my imagination, but she looks really...chunky. Esp. In her thighs and belly. Are chubby girls in now? 'Cause that'd be super! Smile

C. This would've been the perfect time to have Krauser show up. Maybe the next Queen's Blade figure, huh, Rob? Wink
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:25 am Reply with quote
Alien1375 wrote:
This whole 'Eww, this thing has nipples so it's disgusting, but I'm a professional so I have to review this'-joke is getting really old really fast....

At least I hope it's a joke, otherwise you guys have to change your name into 'Focus on the family: Christians Anime News Network'.

It isn't a joke, it is his personal opinion.

Also, there are many Christians here on the ANN forums; some of them even like Moe and Lolicon. If you have a gander at many of the ads from Anime Castle that ANN allows to be shown, you would see that there are fewer prudes here than you thought.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:29 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
"Nanael" is an interesting name. Just take a Japanese name and add an "angelic" Biblical suffix

Agreed. I also found it quite amusing. Smile
Alien1375

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Isn't it? I read more of his reviews and it seems like some sort of running joke, but I can't look into his head so I'm not sure.

I wasn't trying to bash christians here, but the whole review sounded like some of those 'movie reviews' you can read at those 'Christian family sites'. You know, those reviews about those 'sick movies' who show some skin and used the F-word 8 times, the S-word 14 times, and used the Lord's name in vain 2 times (what was the movie actualy about? I dunno).

Bottom line: I wanted a review about a figurine, not an essay about the moral code of Rob Bricken.
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:57 am Reply with quote
Rolando_jose wrote:
Am I the only one who was hoping for a real cool pct with the Krauser in it? Confused

Nope. In fact, given it was Queen's Blade, I was expecting Krauser to make a glorious scene with all of his Death Metal prowess. You've let me down Rob.
4nBlue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:22 am Reply with quote
Will the actual review follow next week, because the only part that resembled a review was the part about her sword. It's nice to have some background for the character and series she is from, but over half of the review is too much when the rest is "lol bOObs".
Seljuk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:22 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Bottom line: I wanted a review about a figurine, not an essay about the moral code of Rob Bricken.

Amen.
BRD529

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quote
This ^^^
rinmackie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote
Umm... most people have said what I wanted to say about the whole boobies thing. But I will throw this in for good measure:

Remember kids, you're not really looking at boobies as long as you can't see the nipples! Twisted Evil
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:11 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Alien1375 wrote:

Also, there are many Christians here on the ANN forums; some of them even like Moe and Lolicon. If you have a gander at many of the ads from Anime Castle that ANN allows to be shown, you would see that there are fewer prudes here than you thought.

I'm a Christian myself. I don't mind fanservice, I've seen Ikki Tousen a few times, but Queen's Blade is just..........bad, and I'm not even talking morally, it's really a piece of garbage quality-wise. And I don't care for figures you can undress, the idea that you're taking clothes off a inanimate figure I find to be fairly disturbing. I'm fine with fanservice-y figures (going to get the "movie" Yoko figure coming out, the one with Boota on her shoulder), but this is a whole another level.

Alien, you don't have to mock someone just because they have different morals than you. Rob still reviewed the figure fairly and without bias, so he did his job, so your criticism is unwarranted.

As for Christian reviewing sites, I remember one (forget name) that was pretty open-minded. They didn't even object to the Saw films, so yeah, not everybody sticks their nose up at anything above PG.
nechronius

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
I find it amusing that Haruhi Suzumiya voices Nanael. Admittedly Nanel is one of the least "offensive" characters in the actual show, which I only watched just to be able to confidently say it is indeed wretched throughout (but I didn't enjoy it!!!). I kind of like the weird wings. They give the character character.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12