• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Limited Match

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:44 am Reply with quote
I take by the listing of P5 among Meguro's works that at least the game is in its earliest stages. I expect an announcement in the nearest press conference.

Although I owe to it attracting more fans to the series, I consider P3 the least satisfying in the Persona franchise. It started out with an awesome dark atmosphere and a great sense of mystery, but the story went downhill half way through and at the end felt more like a watered-down anime plot compared to the previous games in the series. Also, out of all the characters I only cared about a handful of them.

P4's story is nothing special, but the charming characters and engaging dialogues made this an improvement over its predecessor. Though I wish the next installement will add something new to the mix rather than permanently turn the franchise from one rich with occult and mystery to a social sim with demons.

I also consider Persona the franchise in which Meguro's work is at its worst. The J-pop songs were a love-or-hate thing, and the BMGs were nothing special. His work for Raidou vs. King Abbadon on the other hand was a huge improvement and the quality was reminiscent of what he composed for Nocturne and DDS--which makes me wonder if the J-pop thing isn't one of his preferred genres to work with.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The game comes up short in more trivial areas. It has only six backgrounds, and it lacks a lot of the little touches fans will surely expect.

Six is a woefully small number. I'd have expected the storage capacity of contemporary games consoles would suffice for SNK to produce plenty more arenas. KoF backgrounds tend to be consummate in their detail, so the opportunity to woo players with some more extensive eye candy appears to be lost.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote
Ah, man, no mention of AAA (Asistencia Asesoría y Administración) finally getting a video game?!

Namco USA is considering publishing Game Center CX2 in the U.S.

No More Heroes 2 coming early 2010.

Some really awesome games are coming out in Japan later this month/early next month! I think you already know what they are Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
darcerin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quote
Hexyz Force actually looks like something that might be right up my alley. I might actually break down and buy a PSP if it's released over here. Smile (I'm a Nintendo girl at heart!)
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
I'm not a big KoF player, but I wonder who exactly decided that leaving out the most well-known characters was a good idea? Unless they plan to sell them as downloadable extras.

Quote:
wait for SNK to create something better with The King of Fighters XIII.

Yup, XIIIth time's a charm. (?)
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
Here's to hoping Persona 5 has more song tracks than Persona 4 and it's four songs which were played over and over to death. I love the games, but there were times I just had to turn off the music and put on my ipod in the background because the same songs over and over again were driving me nuts what with all the grinding and hours I put into those games.

I'll probably end up importing White Comic if it features a nice selection of Tsubasa: RC characters on top of some old Shonen Weekly favorites.
Flik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Luminous Arc 3! Although I am the only one that I know that has even heard of these games, I have both of them and enjoyed them quite a bit. I remember playing through the first one and being so frustrated because the game was hard. I couldn't beat the endboss so I put the game down and didn't pick it back up for a year. I love the voice acting and storylines for some reason, though I think Luminous Arc 1 was better then 2.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
No way in hell a 'Devilman' game would have been allowed here. Hell let alone game that had naked demon bird woman.

Once again 'Broderbund's name pops up again. Aren't those the same guys that released the crappy 'Transformers' game that I've heard so much about?

Seems everyone is doing cross over fighters. Didn't know anything about 'Sunday x Magazine' game. Interesting. But I wonder how far back this goes.
Showsni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
X-Men also looks quite repetitive, if visually impressive for a 32X game. But hey, it's the mystique of unreleased games that matters, right?

Pun intended?

Of the four Magic the Gathering "characters" on that website, only one is actually a character; the other three being generic creatures... Still, Nicol Bolas is pretty awesome. (The only two actual elder dragons I own are him and Arcades Sabboth.)
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:40 pm Reply with quote
i had heard KOF XII was bad... but THAT bad? how embarrassing.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Wait, so is Hexyz Force a part of the Dept. Heaven series?? Or do we not know yet? Either way, I'll probably get it, since I've been quite a fan of Sting and their quirky RPGs ever since Riviera (the fact that I'm currently hooked on Yggdra Union helps, too).

Also, I am officially now confused: what is the difference between this Devilman and the one Shigeru Miyamoto developed?? (You know, the one who cameod in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?) Or did Miyamoto's game have a different name...?

Chrno2 wrote:
No way in hell a 'Devilman' game would have been allowed here. Hell let alone game that had naked demon bird woman.

Wait, doesn't that pretty much describe the harpies in every Castlevania game?

Last edited by gatotsu911 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Wait, so is Hexyz Force a part of the Dept. Heaven series?? Or do we not know yet? Either way, I'll probably get it, since I've been quite a fan of Sting and their quirky RPGs ever since Riviera (the fact that I'm currently hooked on Yggdra Union helps, too).

Also, I am officially now confused: what is the difference between this Devilman and the one Shigeru Miyamoto developed?? (You know, the one who cameod in Super Smash Bros. Brawl?) Or did Miyamoto's game have a different name...?

Chrno2 wrote:

Wait, doesn't that pretty much describe the harpies in every Castlevania game?

Oh yeah, you're right. But I doubt we could have gotten away with it then. Y'know it never dawned on me that 'Siren' was harpy like. Why did I ever think of her as anything different?

Now I'm curious to the 'Devilman' game that 'Miyamoto' was involved in.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote
He changes into an even larger Devilman towering over buildings? Now something like that could get my attention. But seeing as I've only ever heard the name of the series and seen maybe one or two artworks, I'm not sure if I could get interested now.

Persona 5? Sheesh, I'm not done with 4 quite yet. I don't think I can get it done with the weeks I have left to me either.

No comment on KoF, since I'm not a fan, nor will I ever be one.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Persona 5? Holy crap!!!

I was wondering if that was going to happen. Of course by this time which system will it be on?

Yeah, I know I somehow missed it.

Well, that means more 'Shoji Meguro' goodness for my stereo.
panzer.time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
nor will I ever be one.

That's kind of fatalistic.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2