• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mahoromatic: Tadaima Okaeri Anime to Debut in October

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarsman45

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:00 am Reply with quote
Woot!!! Now I hope its a good ending, because the original show made me stop watching anime for a month.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:27 am Reply with quote
Great to see more Mahoromatic.

sarsman45 wrote:
Woot!!! Now I hope its a good ending, because the original show made me stop watching anime for a month.

Well, they're side stories, so they're going to be based off the series. And it'll all probably take place before the series ending.
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:03 am Reply with quote
So, since Gainax is on a bit of an old-school binge this year, does this mean we'll be getting Gunbuster 3 soon? Very Happy

Anyway, cool. Will watch this when it comes out.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:19 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
So, since Gainax is on a bit of an old-school binge this year, does this mean we'll be getting Gunbuster 3 soon?

Now that's a conjecture I wouldn't have made from reading this news. I'll listen out for more on this rumour.

Mahoromatic is very cheap to buy, and I may well consider it. What's this I hear about the ending though?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:22 am Reply with quote
sarsman45 wrote:
Why? It was surprisingly fitting I thought. Maybe not perfectly in tone with the rest of the series but it worked with the more serious aspects of the plot.

New Mahoromatic is a good thing but it's too bad it's highly unlikely to get an English dub if licensed, even less likely one with the same cast.

I wish Gainax would do some more Shikabane Hime. Now, if you want an ending that's infuriating, that's the one. It's not really an ending so much as the show just. . . ends. They could have at least showed who won the last fight. (Still awesome show though. Gonna buy it.)
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:47 am Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
So, since Gainax is on a bit of an old-school binge this year, does this mean we'll be getting Gunbuster 3 soon?

Now that's a conjecture I wouldn't have made from reading this news. I'll listen out for more on this rumour.

Mahoromatic is very cheap to buy, and I may well consider it. What's this I hear about the ending though?

The second series has a very famous surprise ending/last epoisode which, depending on how much you enjoyed the first series and most of the second, is a CLASSIC jaw dropper. Shocked
Quark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:19 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Zin5ki wrote:
Big Hed wrote:

The second series has a very famous surprise ending/last epoisode which, depending on how much you enjoyed the first series and most of the second, is a CLASSIC jaw dropper. Shocked

I actually quite liked the ending to Something More Beautiful. I was confused, spoiler[and cried a lot], but I still really liked it.

Anyway, this is great news. I'm just hoping the new Mahoromatic lives up to the old one, as some of their recent efforts have been...well...kind of lacking (This Ugly Yet Beautiful World)
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:22 am Reply with quote
Oh please tell me this means they're going to animate the manga ending... that would just... oh who cares! MAI WAIFU'S BACK!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Big Hed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
sarsman45 wrote:
Why? It was surprisingly fitting I thought. Maybe not perfectly in tone with the rest of the series but it worked with the more serious aspects of the plot.

I agree; the ending was quite poignant, I think.
Quark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
sarsman45 wrote:

It's like the Evangelion ending all over again. You've got the camp of fans who hate the ending(s) and then you've got the other camp who thought they fit the series well.
Rather though in the case of Eva, you've got the one group who likes the TV ending, and then you've got the group that liked the movie ending. (End of Evangelion all the way!)
sarsman45

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
Big Hed wrote:
Richard J. wrote:
sarsman45 wrote:

It's like the Evangelion ending all over again. You've got the camp of fans who hate the ending(s) and then you've got the other camp who thought they fit the series well.
Rather though in the case of Eva, you've got the one group who likes the TV ending, and then you've got the group that liked the movie ending. (End of Evangelion all the way!)

I actually liked the TV ending spoiler[(alt world was refreshing and made me laugh over a terribly made low budget last 2 episodes)]. The thing is with Mahoromatic is that the real ending was too WTF sine I didn't read the manga and didn't know that it was going to make the main character spoiler[self destructive]. In other words, it was too dark for a lovey/dovey harem anime. (kinda like the Watashi no Messiah-Sama manga, except there was a better ending)
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
The ending that never ends. Wink
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Mahoromatic was the series that continually kept surprising me.
I expected one thing, and kept getting handed something better at every turn.
The ending is my favorite for any series. Completely floored me.

I certainly would love to hear more Bridget Hoffman as Mahoro, I became a fan of hers before I was exposed to the Miaka! Tamahome! fest that was Fushigi Yuugi. Still like hearing her though.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote
OMG! Very Happy One of my wishes has been granted. Hopefully it will continue where the last series left off.
Quark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
sarsman45 wrote:
The thing is with Mahoromatic is that the real ending was too WTF sine I didn't read the manga and didn't know that it was going to make the main character spoiler[self destructive]. In other words, it was too dark for a lovey/dovey harem anime.

Were we watching the same show then? Because at the end of every single episode, from the very first episode it said spoiler["Mahoro will self-destruct in X number of days" and every episode the number was less and less.]
That's why I don't understand why people disliked the ending. Yes, the show was light-hearted in parts, but spoiler[the countdown was always there to let you know that Mahoro was going to die. There was nothing that could be done about it.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3