• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Eureka Seven Movie's English Trailer Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanosuke32

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Wish it was also coming to Canadian theatres, they stopped bringing them over here after the first 2 death note movies and the first bleach movie Sad Oh well, at least I'll be able to see it later when it comes out. I wish the trailer showed some voice acting as well, I mean we know what they sound like, but it'd still be nice to hear.
B.K.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
I saw the trailer Thursday night when I went to see RiffTrax Live. I wish that Funimation would show Evangelion 1.0 in as many theaters as Eureka 7 is going to be in.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Meh, I wouldn't be too sad about missing this one in the theaters. I rented the Japanese DVD when it came to my town's video rental store, and as far as I'm concerned, this movie was nothing more than an insult to fans of the show. Renton and Eureka lose their immense likability, Gekko State is reduced to a cheap sci-fi gag, and pretty much everything that made the original great was scrapped.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Pocket Full of Rainbows>>>>Good Night, Sleep Tight Young Lovers

And I have not been hearing good things about this movie
AnimeFanChris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I liked the movie and was also a fan of the series. Sure the movie changed things and had plot holes but is also done in an alternate reality and I am considering going to see it in theaters.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:07 pm Reply with quote
What's AYreka Seven??? Does that have anything to do with Eureka Seven??? Laughing
I wish they had kept it "Pocket Full of Rainbows". Although, this title was also used on the Japanese release's box.

I've heard bad things about it, but I've also heard good things. A lot of people hated the Escaflowne movie for similar reasons, but I loved that, so....yea. I'm still optimistic about this. I probably won't see it in theaters, but I'll definitely get the inevitable Blu-Ray.
g*ni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like the movie myself; it was a cheap attempt to create a film based on an existing property. The film wasn't bad-- it had a thin plot based on an overused archetype that is on par with the original series. What I missed the most was the fantastic writing from Dai Sato, et al. It's really what made the original series great. I applaud their efforts to hide the reuse of footage (many good techniques-- if you're a student of film and animation) but ultimately it seemed like studio heads wanted a cheap way to make an easy buck.

But like Kougeru stated in a previous post I'm confused about the change of title. They apparently used the farewell line from the movie to create the English title-- an odd choice.

Sidenote: In case anyone is miffed about the movie after watching it... there is a good deal of 4th wall breakage to assure audience viewers that you are indeed watching an alternate retelling of the story. The film also drops a hint that more E7 based productions maybe in the works.
Inutaihanyou123

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Didn't like this movie at all...i was a big fan of the anime but...taking it for someone who is not used to anime, let alone for someone who's not used to Eureka Seven, its a nightmare. It sounds good on paper, but they never connect any dots..and the plot itself is so vauge, it doesn't make any sense unless you watch it more than once...problem is, once you see it once, your not gonna want to see it again...and let's not get started on the characterization..most especially Renton and Eureka...

Bascially..its a bad movie..insult to the fans, and charging people to see this thing is a crime.

Hopefully like the person above me says, they have more things E7 in the works..like an epliouge to the original series, that would be hundreds of times better than this.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, it doesn't look so great right now actually, I'm a more than a bit worried at how you squish 50 episodes into one movie so I won't be too upset if I have to miss this.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why people want a continuation of the series or think one is necessary. As far as I'm concerned, everything was wrapped up.

wandering-dreamer wrote:
Hmmm, it doesn't look so great right now actually, I'm a more than a bit worried at how you squish 50 episodes into one movie so I won't be too upset if I have to miss this.

It's an alternate universe story, not a summary of the series.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
good thing i seen this all ready but i still what to see it in theaters
atunderdogk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, I was excited about this movie until reading these comments. haha Oh well.

I'm still going to go see it in theaters, even if it doesn't live up to the quality of the show. I want Bandai (along with Viz) to keep releasing anime in theaters. It's exciting to be able to go to the movies and catch something like this. I started with the 2nd Death Note movie, then Sword of the Stranger, then L Change the world. The L movie was pretty bad, but it was still enjoyable so it's not a big deal for me. If it brings more anime to american theaters then I'm all for it.
g*ni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:17 pm Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
I don't know why people want a continuation of the series or think one is necessary. As far as I'm concerned, everything was wrapped up.

I'm not sure everyone wants one-- I don't. There's no more story to tell. And as sweet as it was-- its done. Stop beating a dead horse. Stop ruining our memories.

What I fear is they will try to milk this property like Gainax is doing with Evangelion. Inevitably they're going to tap the fanbase if they do make more.

And you know... if they did make more I'd watch! And I believe so would many others. It's sad. I love the original characters and I love Bones. Its like a movie with actors you like and a director you like. The movie may suck; but if Quentin Tarentino, for example, release a new film and it sucked-- I'd still watch.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:39 pm Reply with quote
The trailer has been up for a while now, but it's a well-made one. The movie "looks" good, but I thought that the RahXephon film did, too. Kyoda directed that one and it was an absolute mess, so I'm not too surprised to hear some of the same problems that plagued it being mentioned concerning E7's. Maybe that film will be better, but I'm not quite enthused as I once was when the first trailer debuted.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jenthehen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Bought my ticket today Smile I've never seen anime in the theatre, so I'm excited!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2