• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Toshiyuki Morikawa, voice of D.Gray-man's Tyki Mikk

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
Good stuff dormcat. Are these questions only yours, or did you record the whole interview and transcribe everybody's questions?

Last edited by DerekTheRed on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
himo-otoko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
This made the little fangirl in me very very happy Anime smile
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
Good stuff dormcat. Are these questions only yours, or did you record the whole interview and transcribe everybody's questions?

I wish that I could ask more, but MC would keep reporters "balanced" so he's not giving a specific reporter too much favor or ignoring someone. If you could teach me a few tricks to increase ANN's visibility in Taiwan I might be able to grab an exclusive interview in the future but for now please forgive my incompetence. Embarassed For the record I asked the fukikae (吹き替え) question. Because there are at least two fujoshi reporters at the press conference so we courteous male ones would leave those female-oriented drama CD questions to them (I could see and smell the aura from fangirls behind me, you know Anime smile + sweatdrop ). Sadly, recently few female seiyū of male-oriented shows have been invited (I want Ayako Kawasumi x Mamiko Noto! For Queen's Blade's sake!).

himo-otoko wrote:
This made the little fangirl in me very very happy Anime smile

Stay tuned and there will be more for fangirls. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm very happy to see so many female fans, but I also noticed a few guys among them. At first I worried for them, fearing that they might feel uncomfortable in the overwhelming female crowds

Shouldn't they be happy instead?

Back to topic. I've seen dozens of the anime he was in and since I prefer japanese voice acting over american voice acting, I must agree that he's probably one of the best voice actors out there. But not my favorite.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:54 pm Reply with quote
I read it, & linked a few friends to it this morning, but only now do I note the typo

Morkiawa

It's sort of like the listing at TRSI for a bag they listed from Yaoi Press that I inserted an "i" between the n & s in the description & had to read twice.
Peebs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote
The man is a treasure! Thank you for this interview. He's one of my favorite seiyuu. I love everything he's done. Embarassed
rikiki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I remember that in a biography sheet(that a lot of seiyuu has written with the same format of sheet), he wrote that his ambition is to be an emperor haha. I think this fueled into more people crowned him with the title.

And also almost everything he wrote couldn't get away with MEAT. (like to eat meat, favourite is meat, meat, meat). Laughing
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:
I read it, & linked a few friends to it this morning, but only now do I note the typo

Morkiawa

Fixed and thank you. Unfortunately the title of this thread couldn't be changed because it was automatically generated under the typo title; changing it forcibly would nuke the thread.

rikiki wrote:
And also almost everything he wrote couldn't get away with MEAT. (like to eat meat, favourite is meat, meat, meat).

I can't help wondering if this could be the dish the other seiyū (hint: a good friend of Morikawa and his "lover" in one BL title) was talking about. Thanks for teh MEAT info. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
I attended Morikawa-san's panel at AX this year. He's a gentleman, and very receptive to the fans. When he did Conrad's voice from Kyo Kara Maoh ("Okaerinasai... Yuri") the female fans in the audience nearly died from squee.

I wonder why he stopped dying his hair blond. It was kind of his trademark look for many years. Guess he just got tired of it...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote
SnaphappyFMA wrote:
When he did Conrad's voice from Kyo Kara Maoh ("Okaerinasai... Yuri") the female fans in the audience nearly died from squee.

Same here. Due to schedule conflicts I couldn't see Morikawa-san on stage (I was at Eyeshield 21's creators'), but the passion from fans was well expected. However, like I said in the previous post: wait and see the other seiyū. Wink
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:03 pm Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
CCSYueh wrote:

Morkiawa

Fixed and thank you. Unfortunately the title of this thread couldn't be changed because it was automatically generated under the typo title; changing it forcibly would nuke the thread.

Actually, the OP can change the thread title, which I have done. I'm pretty sure mods and admins can do it too.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
BL isn't my thing but why did he say it is often superior to regular anime? Having hardly heard his roles, I will just say he's great for the benefit of the doubt.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1