• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sasameki Koto Yuri Anime Kissing Game Offered on iPhone

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:51 am Reply with quote
How do they come up ideas like this? For people that like this stuff, good luck.
bigheart711

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:52 am Reply with quote
Fellas, if your girlfriend or boyfriend catches you kissing a picture of an anime girl on your f**kin' iPhone/iPod Touch of all things, there's a huge chance that you won't get laid tonight. Same goes with the gals if they have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Exclamation

Edit- Then again, if the gal or guy is into Hentai, there's a bigger chance that the person that got caught will get laid.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:58 am Reply with quote
bighead711, you so have a point there. This reminds of the aspects of dating sims: They can hinder the true aspect of going out and finding a real date yourself.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quote
I've become used to people "talking to themselves" when on the phone.

But there's no way in hell I'm ever going to get used to people kissing their mobile phone. That's just freaky.

That app is, admittedly, a good marketing gimmick and it'll be interesting to see how well it does. If anything, it could help open the anime market a bit more for those curious about the app, but having no knowledge about anime.

Still, though... kissing the phone? And I don't dare think about those who take anime character affections a bit too far. *shiver*

If anything, I'm going to think twice about touching the phone of a user who has this app installed.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote
Bwahahahaha, oh god yes! Laughing

I have a feeling this series will have a better reception among the otaku than say Aoi Hana (they're both good yuri titles, mind you). That's of course the producers play their marketing cards right, and this is a nice yet very hilarious first step! Now we need that girl who licked that PSP a few years back to do this, and this gimmick will be utterly won! Surprised

Last edited by darkchibi07 on Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
I've become used to people "talking to themselves" when on the phone.

But there's no way in hell I'm ever going to get used to people kissing their mobile phone. That's just freaky.

That app is, admittedly, a good marketing gimmick and it'll be interesting to see how well it does. If anything, it could help open the anime market a bit more for those curious about the app, but having no knowledge about anime.

Still, though... kissing the phone? And I don't dare think about those who take anime character affections a bit too far. *shiver*

If anything, I'm going to think twice about touching the phone of a user who has this app installed.

I agree. Its one thing to play a dating sim, its another to kiss your phone. That is creepy and possibly unsanitiy as well. I've said this before and I will say this again, some people have way too much free time on their hands that they kow what to do with.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:27 am Reply with quote
Why? Rolling Eyes Well on second though, it's Japan. where else would such a concept have a market? Afterall it must be terrible to have a mobile phone that nobody wants to call you on. Laughing

On third thought................... Wink
Karisu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote
bigheart711 wrote:
Fellas, if your girlfriend or boyfriend catches you kissing a picture of an anime girl on your f**kin' iPhone/iPod Touch of all things, there's a huge chance that you won't get laid tonight. Same goes with the gals if they have a boyfriend or girlfriend. Exclamation

Edit- Then again, if the gal or guy is into Hentai, there's a bigger chance that the person that got caught will get laid.

I'm thinking the kind of person that would actually kiss their phone with this app, is the kind of person who does not have a boyfriend/girlfriend.

Can't imagine why someone with an actual human mate would ever consider such ridiculousness.

Now, for me on the other hand...
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:37 am Reply with quote
what's next?

h version where you try to stick your you-know-what to on-screen you-know-where???

"There's an App for That"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote
Wait... who's going to be buying this? Isn't the character in question a lesbian? Although I suppose to anyone horny or pathetic enough to buy this app wouldn't care...
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:25 am Reply with quote
Guys, have any of you heard of Love Plus and its effect on Japanese society? If you have then you shouldn't be so surprised to Sasameki Koto.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Karisu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Wait... who's going to be buying this? Isn't the character in question a lesbian? Although I suppose to anyone horny or pathetic enough to buy this app wouldn't care...

It's free.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:05 am Reply with quote
dormcat, I looked up Love Plus and it sounds equally as disturbing. Hell, as much as I want a legally obtained hentai-free dating sim from a company, the concept of dating sims can be freaky in general.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
I have only two words to express my feelings on this:

Oh lard. Confused
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:00 am Reply with quote
You know for all the time that would be wasted kissing your cell phone you could be..

Oh forget it. I'm starting to think most otaku don't even want to kiss real people anyway. 2D complex gone too far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4