• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters' 2 New Boys-Love Titles Listed in U.S.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:22 am Reply with quote
Fail!!!!!!!

[Mod Edit: Yes you did! If you're going to post then make it relevant to the discussion. As the rules specifically state, one word posts and one-liners don't contribute. - Keonyn]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:32 am Reply with quote
Gee, how insightful, Mario. Rolling Eyes

Erotic ni Oborero! is one of the smuttier titles I've ever read. I found it a little disturbing too because of the way the elements of D/s were handled.

I'm really excited to see an Ellie Mamahara title though. She's one of my favorite BL mangaka, decidedly on the more innocent side of things, but with heartfelt and fun stories.
Peebs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote
And Kitty Media continues to impose their bad editing skills on the English speaking world. Mario may be right but for another reason. I say it's time blind monkeys stop editing Kitty Media published books!

The good news is Baseball Heaven. The English speaking world needs more Mamahara Ellie.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:46 am Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Fail!!!!!!!

If you don't like yaoi, why click on the news link?

Anyway, the second title listed peaks my interest. Very Happy
poonk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote
FeralKat wrote:
Mario1234567 wrote:
Fail!!!!!!!
If you don't like yaoi, why click on the news link?
C'mon, fans, every BL-related thread has to have some insightful soul sharing their wit with us!

Anyway, I'm positive I've read Erotic ni Oborero! in scanalation a few years back (I recognize the cover) though I don't remember anything else about it. Sunflower (or anyone else who may know), I don't know if you're familar with Yuu Higashino's Sense & Sexuality (that's the English release's title), but if you are, would you say the art in Erotic is better (or perhaps more recent)? There was just something about the art in S&S that looked weird to me, like a lot of strange body proportioning and too-long faces or something. I don't know if I've gotten pickier or if maybe that was an earlier example of her work, because I know I've seen other stuff of hers that I liked, at the time at least. (P.S. Didn't she do a title where the seme is an otaku and, among other things, starts altering his character figures to look like the uke character? I'd like to see that one licensed. Very Happy )

Peebs wrote:
The good news is Baseball Heaven. The English speaking world needs more Mamahara Ellie.
I too like Mamahara Ellie's artwork-- very clean lines, which can be refreshing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1