• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ninomiya's Nodame Cantabile Manga to End on October 10

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I wonder how she'll end it.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quote
As much as I love this series, I'm excited to see that it will (hopefully) have a proper end.
corinthian

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I guess that answers the question of whether or not the 3rd season of the anime will follow the manga to its end?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 pm Reply with quote
corinthian wrote:
I guess that answers the question of whether or not the 3rd season of the anime will follow the manga to its end?
Not really. They could still be lame and make the anime only cover some..happens all the time. no excuse really though. I hope it covers it all, such a great series. Realy sad
joshjoshlol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
I thought that the fact that the 3rd installment of the anime is called "Nodame Cantabile Finale" painted a pretty clear and unequivocal picture as to whether or not there would be more.
Jacut

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
corinthian wrote:
Not really. They could still be lame and make the anime only cover some..happens all the time. no excuse really though. I hope it covers it all, such a great series. Realy sad

Nodame Cantabile two anime series have been by far the best two series of the last three years with Higashi no Eden, so you can't really expect JC Staff to fail can you? On top of that, one of Japan's best scenarists/theatre writers, Kazuki Nakashima (Gurren Lagann among others), will make the script for this third season, so do you really believe a man like that could possibly think of not ending the series properly and definitely? Preposterous Smile

Oh and I'm glad to read this news, since every manga HAS to end one day, even the best josei of all time. Better make it when it is still close to perfection.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
crewcheif01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:32 am Reply with quote
I still wish someone would pick up this series for DVD in the U S. Would be first in line to get it. Laughing
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 am Reply with quote
Great news Very Happy

I put the manga on hold by vol. 9. Knowing that the series will not compile like 50+*cough*One Piece*cough* I'm quite excited to marathon the entire thing once it's finished.

I'm also looking forward to the anime and hope someone will pick it up; even if they intend to make the DVDs sub-only.
BassKuroi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
I'm just reading the manga, after seeing the first series. It's very funny and interesting. I'm sure Ninomiya-sensei will not let us down!
HellKorn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:08 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
Del Rey will publish the 17th volume of the manga in January.

Uh, Amazon and other places have it listed as October 26th, 2010. I know (or at least severely hope, given Del Rey's recent practices of elongating releases) that it's likely a preliminary listing, but where has it been mentioned that the next volume of Nodame Cantabile is coming out next January (unless ANN was told explicitly from Del Rey?).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1