• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Miracle Train, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuzaco

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Now, the next announced show will definetely be Fairy Tail.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
in 480-line progressive resolution

Stop the presses, this is goddamn awesome! Four-hundred and eighty whole pixels of vertical resolution? That's totally amazing, new and exciting! Not to mention, it's obviously better than seven-hundred and twenty of the same kind.

No really, why do you write the articles like that? That's like saying "Buy this car, now with air conditioning!" spoiler[(Assuming in live in affluent places with tropical/subtropical climates, to preempt any witty comments and people living in Nova Scotia or Norway not needing AC.)] Just call it what is is, plain old boring SD.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Miracle Train: proving that male-oriented shows aren't the only ones running out of good ideas!

fuzaco, you're plugging for "Fairy Tail," I'm still holding out a dim hope for "Kuuchuu Buranku."
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Quote:
in 480-line progressive resolution

Stop the presses, this is goddamn awesome! Four-hundred and eighty whole pixels of vertical resolution? That's totally amazing, new and exciting! Not to mention, it's obviously better than seven-hundred and twenty of the same kind.

No really, why do you write the articles like that? That's like saying "Buy this car, now with air conditioning!" spoiler[(Assuming in live in affluent places with tropical/subtropical climates, to preempt any witty comments and people living in Nova Scotia or Norway not needing AC.)] Just call it what is is, plain old boring SD.
I agree and it is kinda odd the article doesnt mention aything about 720p HD...did they stop doing that at crunchyroll? im not subscribed because i find the site a rip off but i know that with naruto they had 720p streams...and for other shows as well they did.

i <3 haruka but ill be taking my streaming to other sites with real HD and where i wont have to wait a week :\
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:44 pm Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Miracle Train: proving that male-oriented shows aren't the only ones running out of good ideas!

Eh ... I will be watching it anyway. I have been enjoying Hetalia: Axis Powers, which also utilizes the "anthropomorphized as bishonen" gimmick. It remains to be seen if said gimmick will work as well in Miracle Train, but even so, Kenichi Kasai is directing the latter. That is enough for me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Kenichi Kasai is directing the latter. That is enough for me.

He also directed Kimikiss. Even a great director can only do so much with a rotten premise. Still, I suppose one shouldn't give one's hopes up right away, eh? We'll see what the season previews say.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
I'm only gonna watch Miracle Train for the fanservice/estrogen brigade bait.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:17 pm Reply with quote
WOOT! WOOT! WOOT!

Man, I am going to be busy watching anime this fall!

I LOVE IT!!!
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote
kokuryu, I can relate to your statement. In addition to developing social relationships, I will balancing my anime viewing with my Home Depot job and last semester of community college. If CrunchyRoll gets the second seasons of Queen's Blade and White Album, Fairy Tail, Sacred Blacksmith, Winter Sonata, and Romance of the 3 Kingdoms, then most of the anime I will be watching this fall will be legit (with the exception of the dubbed Bleach and Yugioh 5Ds and other titles I may decide to watch).

As many of us know, moe is an acquired taste. Haruka has moe in it and I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed the fact her seiyuu, Mamiko Noto, was also Kizaki in Linebarrel. Mecha is also an acquired taste. But because it had harem aspects (yet another acquired taste) and hot women, I enjoyed the show. For me, I can enjoy anime when there are hot women.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Ristorant Paradiso's younger version?
That's the feeling I get from this anime.
Well, I'm gonna be reading the review as soon as it's out, until then...
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Ahh, Miracle Train. I really have no idea what to expect but I'll probably watch it anyway, if only because the only other anime that interests me this season is more Hetalia, if that even counts. Of course I said the same thing before about 07-Ghost and only managed to get up to ep06 before putting that aside, so we'll see if these train boys fare better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote
I love Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. Wish it could be released on DVD. At least I can watch the second season legally (even though CR's player aggravates me to no end).
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail would certainly be a huge coup.
The only other they'd be missing to top the seasons best shows would be the new Darker Than Black, but that'd probably be more in FUNi's area. They've certainly dropped the ball not getting ahold of that thus far...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1