• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiddy Girl-and, 11eyes, Boys on the Run Promos Posted

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote
So they really are doing the Kiddy Girl-and series huh? I'd started to think they changed their minds. Any information on how many episodes are planned? Going by the preview, it looks like it might be a bit more comedic compared to the first series. (Though that one started out lighter and got more serious as it went.)

Also, has anyone at a certain company expressed any interest in it since they got the first Kiddy Grade?
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote
WTH???

How many times are they going to change things for this show. And when the hell is it coming out dammit!! I want my story that makes only half sense, covered with candy coated loli pandering. They better hurry up.
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Kiddy Grade is 1 of my favorite anime series and happy to see a new series for it
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
Kiddy Grade is 1 of my favorite anime series and happy to see a new series for it

I second that opinion. Hopefully this new show has a storyline worthy of the original. And if that's the case, maybe some U.S. distributor will pick it up. (hint hint)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The story is set in the Star Century year 0379, roughly two centuries after the original Kiddy Grade anime and about five centuries after our present day.

Wrong again - SC0379 is still 50 years after SC0329 which is the date of the end of the original series.
Five centuries is correct; to be precise this series takes place in 2512 AD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Going by the preview, it looks like it might be a bit more comedic compared to the first series. (Though that one started out lighter and got more serious as it went.)

Yeah, it definitely 'appears' to be lighter, but Keiji Goto is still the director, so it definitely can take the same path as the first.

JohnnySake wrote:
And if that's the case, maybe some U.S. distributor will pick it up. (hint hint)

I believe that the first Kiddy Grade did well for FUNi unless I'm mistaken. I'm actually surprised that they haven't already jumped on the streaming rights, or maybe they're trying?....
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
I just want Eclair and Lumierre in this series in some way.

Don't care about the rest of GOTT or Tweedledee/Tweedledum and whatever other characters were apart of Kiddy Grade.

Just Eclair and Lumierre and I'll be happy with this sequel.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Richard J. wrote:
Also, has anyone at a certain company expressed any interest in it since they got the first Kiddy Grade?

It did come up once, waaay back in 2007 before the original pilot DVD was released.

Chrno2 wrote:
How many times are they going to change things for this show. And when the hell is it coming out dammit!!

There has been only one major set of changes, which was the announcement of the official title, the change of animation studio and the redesign of Ascoeur.
It's airing in a week on the 15th - ANN has never seen fit to report on this but the information is there in the encyclopaedia entry.

[edit]added another reply and clarified something[/edit]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
How many times are they going to change things for this show. And when the hell is it coming out dammit!!

There has been only one major set of changes, which was the announcement of the official title, the change of animation studio and the redesign of Ascoeur.
It's airing in a week on the 15th - ANN has never seen fit to report on this but the information is there in the encyclopaedia entry.

Ah. I mean this was supposed to come out in 2008 (Spr.). But again it can't be helped. Well, at least we can count on a future release. I just hope it will be good.
KoujiTamino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Yuck, really not feeling that feeling that song that's playing in the promo. It sounds incredibly generic, especially compared to the brilliant opening song of Kiddy Grade.
analogk37

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

Don't care about the rest of GOTT or Tweedledee/Tweedledum and whatever other characters were apart of Kiddy Grade.

Just Eclair and Lumierre and I'll be happy with this sequel.

Watch the 30 sec trailer at the 20 sec mark... I think you'll get your answer, if I'm not mistaken. Wink
Asrialys

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, still kinda wish we got Kiddy Grade 2 they teased us with...
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Ah. I mean this was supposed to come out in 2008 (Spr.)

There was never any announcement about a Spring release, other than the pilot DVD in 2007, which has caused annual confusion since, not least by our own Answerman. Until a month ago there weren't even any credible rumours as to a potential release date, only speculation. My bet has always been on an October release, and I happened to be right for the first time in two years :p

analogk37 wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

Watch the 30 sec trailer at the 20 sec mark... I think you'll get your answer, if I'm not mistaken. Wink

I thought the same when they appeared in the manga, especially given the dialog - however they are voiced by Yuki Matsuoka and Yukana, not Aya and Ryoko.

Asrialys wrote:
Well, still kinda wish we got Kiddy Grade 2 they teased us with...

We have. That name was temporary and was always referred to as such officially. See also Gotoh's blog (with the aid of your favourite translation tool if like me you don't speak the lingo)
Richard J.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
It did come up once, waaay back in 2007 before the original pilot DVD was released.
No recent chatter then. I do hope they will pick this up if it is even half-decent. The first Kiddy Grade was a big surprise to me in terms of it's quality since the first reviews I read for it were abysmal. (Reviews: Tools by which egos are self-stroked and opinions are given as holy writ. Not all but many are like this.)

I'd like to see Eclair and Lumierre make at least a guest appearance myself but I have a feeling if they show up they won't be voiced by the same actors. Aya's pay grade is probably a bit higher than it was back then.

The English cast would be much easier to reassemble anyway. (There are at least a few minor advantages to be being a dub fan.)
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:46 am Reply with quote
Gotcha Shiroi Hane.

You have to admit that's some confusion. I mean considering the 2007 trailer, that was enough to make people think it was coming sooner. I think... the trailer was released sometime early in 2007... that would have been enough to give the assumption that it was coming out late Summer of Fall. I'm just going by the buzz from other forums. As we can see nothing happened. Then there was mention of it again I think last year, and again nothing. So you figure more time was needed for a more accurate release date. So now it seems it's a go.

Talk about a series with enough questions surrounding it. I almost thought they were going to can it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2