• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Gallery - Bettina Kurkoski

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cetriya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I agree, there was a lot of books that I didn't even know of (oel or japanese) untill they started posting cancellation lists.

It would help if the site tone down a lot of unnecessary stuff, but then again, books doesnt seem to be its focus.

really, must the site have so much flash and animations? It doesnt even work in some browsers and too many times does the site 'break'
ladyvoid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote
You mean Tokyopop? The way they handelled things were dissapointing, and is likely to lead to their downfall. Oh, and may I feature myself here? I don't post my art around online all that much, and I don't have a website, but is that really necessary?
Ralifar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote
ladyvoid wrote:
Oh, and may I feature myself here?

Nobody is stopping you from submitting. From the looks of it it's open to one and all. I'm fairly certain deviantart.com is free. I can't check at the moment as the government blocks any and everything out here. Frankly, I'm surprised ANN isn't blocked.

Quote:
Are you an aspiring manga artist looking for some extra page views? Do you have a friend or loved one who draws extremely good original manga but needs a boost? Don't just sit there! Submit two links to your work, including one original piece (no file attachments please! File attachments will be tied to a drum and beaten mercilessly), to evan [at] animenewsnetwork dot com, and you could be featured in a future Gallery column!
cetriya

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
yeah, deviantart is free.

yes tokyopop, not that I was avoiding the name metion since its mentioned in the article
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1