• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gintama Manga's Movie Adaptation Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:08 am Reply with quote
Can Gin Tama actually last as a 90 minute movie? Some of those longer arcs alone are already fairly slow.
glitteringloke

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:38 am Reply with quote
i adore gintama and all the ridiculousness.... i'm just not sure i can handle it for that long in one sitting. 2 eps in a row is my limit.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quote
There's no mention that this movie will be anything like the anime series. With the Jump Festa OVAs and whatnot I'm hoping that they actually DO make a flashback movie of Gintoki's past, which they joked around with to promote the new One Piece movie...
thewrll

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:12 am Reply with quote
This is the greatest anime series ever, hoping for the greatest anime movie ever. I have sat through at least 5 in a row so a movie should be easy.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 am Reply with quote
Awesome. Gintama is one of the top shonen series and sadly gets overlooked by western anime fans due to the nature of the show.
Saying that, the TV ratings are pretty good and the DVD sales are second to none compared to other shonen shows, so a movie sort of makes sense.
Here's hoping they manage to combine a serious plot with the comedy we've all come to love. Then we could be in for a real treat.
A flashback of Gin's past would also be cool, but they've already done at 10 min OVA of that for the recent JUMP FESTA DVD release, so who knows what direction they'll take...
domino

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:28 am Reply with quote
Woo! Gintama is the only shonen jump series I can marathon so I look forward to it. I had a feeling it would happen, one day.
skafreak51

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:42 am Reply with quote
Though I read the series, I'm actually still excited to watch it.

Gintama is one of the best comedies out there, without a doubt, and it is sad that western readers pass over it as they do most series that aren't action, but oh well.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote
I'm still giggling because wasn't this one of the hey answerman! questions last week? The irony of it all....
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:23 am Reply with quote
Yes, oh yes!!! I am having a major fangasm right now, I literally squealed (screamed, jumped up and down, ect.) when I saw this article!!! I am really looking forward to this!!!

Yeah, so I wonder what it will be about?

I hope its done well because I really think this is something Gintama deserves. Especially considering how well its been doing (in Japan) lately.

I also hope this announcement intrigues a few people, and helps spread the word about Gintama :] (I know its unlikely but meh)
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:56 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Can Gin Tama actually last as a 90 minute movie? Some of those longer arcs alone are already fairly slow.

Benizakura lasted 4 episodes, and that is like the best arc so far in the series. i think they can pull off a 90 minute movie.
niiica

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later! Man I can't wait to get my WSJ!

But seriously. I'm looking forward to this one.
Juuyon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Benizakura lasted 4 episodes, and that is like the best arc so far in the series. i think they can pull off a 90 minute movie.

Benizakura would be nice, but I'm crossing my fingers for a Shiroyasha movie. Wink

A real one this time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Splash

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote
THIS IS TOTALLY FUN NEWS ON MY BIRTHDAY. yay. \o/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
niiica

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Splash wrote:
THIS IS TOTALLY FUN NEWS ON MY BIRTHDAY. yay. \o/

Happy birthday! lol
But seriously I'm still smiling from this joyful news. Very Happy
Keyl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Itou arc was [ ] much better than Benizakura arc! lol i remembeer that episode that had a teaser trailer on the "Benizakura movie" xD...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2