• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Clive Barker, Ryuhei Kitamura Plan Horror Anime Works

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Barker has gone to great lengths to praise the film and to decry the release difficulties it encountered in America and elsewhere.

You should've seen him ranting at the New Beverly. But yeah, Midnight Meat Train totally got screwed over. I don't even know why LG thought it wasn't marketable, but it thought Repo was going to catch on with audiences. Anyway, I'm surprised he hasn't considered an anime version of Hellraiser.
moohoo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
Barker has gone to great lengths to praise the film and to decry the release difficulties it encountered in America and elsewhere.

You should've seen him ranting at the New Beverly. But yeah, Midnight Meat Train totally got screwed over. I don't even know why LG thought it wasn't marketable, but it thought Repo was going to catch on with audiences. Anyway, I'm surprised he hasn't considered an anime version of Hellraiser.
Anime version of hellraiser eh. id rather see one of Candy man but thats me. i can see hellraiser looking too much like hellsing or something
bigheart711

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Midnight Meat Train was so good! I didn't see why it didn't have much exposure besides FearNet. Anyway, I hope his plans turn out well. If Clive's willing, he might make an horror anime after this.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Man..I'm not gonna sit here and point out all the things wrong with that movie even though I liked it, it just bugs the shit out of me and I can see why it wasn't a major release.

Anyway, I'd be interested in seeing what he can do with animated sequences.
Onizuka666

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. I loved Midnight Meat Train, and its a real shame it didn't get more exposure. In fact, its become more of a sleeper hit like Crank did, IMO.

Some horror anime by Barker and Kitamura.....this stuff has got win written all over it. Colour me excited, especially after this season of dire anime straights. Get some good writing and good stories done, over the crowd pleasing moe fest cheese.

First Marvel anime coming soon, and now this has really made my day.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quark

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
While not a big fan of Clive Barker, I do plan on giving Midnight Meat Train a chance, since that was the story that I enjoyed most from Books of Blood. A lot of people seem to like it too, which is even more encouraging.
Gatsu, you were saying that LG was pushing Repo? 'Cause that movie just plain STANK. Such a cool concept ruined by awful songs, and annoying characters (everytime the one girl said 'Dad' I had this urge to punch her)
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:31 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I wrote about Barker and LG in my Meat Train review. And you could tell Repo sucked from the godawful music in the trailer.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, Midnight Meat Train totally got screwed. I'm a big fan of Kitamura and know Barker is a horror master. I'd be interested in anything from either creator, so hearing about them working on an anime is great news.
GATSU wrote:
I'm surprised he hasn't considered an anime version of Hellraiser.
Didn't we already see that in Berserk? Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1