• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Cartoon Network Puts Bakugan on Saturday Nights

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niomo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:25 am Reply with quote
wow. Bakugan. That sure is some great anime.....

Couldn't pick a better show? Like Gurren Laggan?
Dmysta3000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quote
Niomo wrote:

Gurren Laggan already aired on SiFi channel. Not to mention that CN has already given away all of their good anime.
sykoeent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
What the hell is Bakugan?...

I got 2 words for Cartoon Network: SAILOR MOON! Bring it back!
MetatronM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote
Dmysta3000 wrote:
Niomo wrote:

Gurren Laggan already aired on SiFi channel. Not to mention that CN has already given away all of their good anime.
So Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, Big O, FLCL, and Moribito ceased to be good somewhere along the way?
MetatronM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quote
sykoeent wrote:

A little hard to do when nobody in the United States owns the rights to distribute Sailor Moon.
Dmysta3000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
So Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, Big O, FLCL, and Moribito ceased to be good somewhere along the way?

I meant the good anime that Cartoon Network (not adult swim) used to show, besides, I barely see half of those shows on Adult Swim anymore. And when they do show them, its usually so late at night that i'd rather watch them on the internet or buy the DVDs. As of now, Bleach and Bakugan are the only anime that CN's been good to.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:12 am Reply with quote
You know what would have been a good idea... show the remianing episodes of One Piece they have but havn't shown...
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote
I highly doubt that this is the start (new start) or rather comeback of the 'great Sat. anime lineup' thing that I and i'm sure a few others have been waiting for. Hoping for. Personally I think the whole thing died off long before Toonami ended... They got rid of Naruto... Naruto! Why in the world they decided not to get/try to get Shippuden is beyond me. (Assuming they didn't try. 'Cause if they did it wasn't very hard in my eyes) (though I think they were having problems with their Sat lineups before Naruto was even airing on CN) Surely they don't think this'll rival it. Maybe Shippuden is doing well on X.D, so much so that now they are trying to bring back their viewers. I dunno, I just seriously doubt this is the 'good news' i've been waiting to hear, hoping that I could actually get my Sat's back the way I used to (save AS which has pretty much stayed the same save for when they start screwing around with air times). From what I've heard and seen, though I myself have never seen this show i'm assuming its pretty popular. Whether or not it ranks up there with their previous anime related shows is beyond me but hey, I could be wrong and maybe it will rival Shippuden. Honestly if they were going to try to 'reclaim' Sat's, their doing it both the right and the wrong way. Right in the sense that if its as popular as I think it is, it'll get pretty decent views, but wrong in the sense that.... I wish they would have picked something more interesting Anime cry Thats pretty much all the wrong I can think of... It's not necessarily a wrong choice, I just don't like it Sad . Just seems like a rather boring show (like beyblade or Duel Masters I think it was)

Last edited by peachsncreamsoda on Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:28 am; edited 2 times in total
sykoeent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:25 am Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
sykoeent wrote:

A little hard to do when nobody in the United States owns the rights to distribute Sailor Moon.

I can still dream....
Dmysta3000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote
Emma Iveli wrote:
You know what would have been a good idea... show the remianing episodes of One Piece they have but havn't shown...

I agree. Why the hell did they get rid of One Piece in the first place!? Evil or Very Mad
Gasero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I'd prefer it if they put Bakugan on Friday evenings with their other new cartoons. Saturday evenings on CN are just experimental and this is probly another one of those
sykoeent wrote:

There is no dimension in which you can debase Bakugan and pretend Sailor Moon is top quality.
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote
so bakugan is now on saturday nights and everyones thinking it'll bring back anime to the saturday night line up yeah the chances of that happening is slimer then a strand of hair
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:58 pm Reply with quote
MagusGuardian wrote:
so bakugan is now on saturday nights and everyones thinking it'll bring back anime to the saturday night line up yeah the chances of that happening is slimer then a strand of hair

Bakugan is, by most definitions of the word, anime. So Bakugan's mere presence on the Saturday night lineup means that it has already brought back anime to the Saturday night lineup. Now, the question of whether more anime will come back is up in the air.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I'd rather Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds or Pokemon aired instead, but I guess I shouldn't complain.
moohoo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Lol this shows CN still has a weekness. we all no or new there CN real wasint going anywere. its a joke beside playing re runs of old stuff CN is dead/dieing. trust me when i say there gnna start bringing anime back or thay can rest wich im sure thay wont do. anime made them with out it there just a dead stick. thay cant come up with anything original like there ghost hunters, show for kids wow that was very original lol. there sad thay cant beat out kids networks like nick and dis them knowing this. there just trying to hold off for pride.....o and as for AS lol that all so keeps geting more n more bad maybe if i was a pot head id love it.... Sad fact being anime is CN with out it there Cartoonlastwork. Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4