• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mai Mai Miracle's 1st 5 Minutes from Madhouse Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I really want to see this feature. I had forgotten about it until now.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I do too. I hope it gets subbed.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Bwahahahahaha! I've already seen Mai Mai Miracle at the Ottawa 09 International Animation Festival in October and quite honestly loved it. It's currently my second favourite film of 2009 (after Up, though I haven't seen The Fantastic Mr. Fox yet) and it's also my favourite anime film made since 1995's Whisper of the Heart, but I'm a sucker for gently-paced coming-of-age slice-of-life anime flicks.

I know Mai Mai Miracle will be seen as another "Ghibli wannabe" film from Madhouse, and it is obviously heavily Ghibli-influenced to be sure (it is from the assistant director of Kiki's Delivery Service), but I liked both this film and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time more than anything from Ghibli this decade so Madhouse striving to compete with Ghibli isn't necessarily a bad thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1