• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nurarihyon no Mago Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rednal

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Niiiiiiiiiiiice. I've been following the manga, and it should be a lot of fun to watch... especially Yuki-onna, but...
boznia

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Excellent. This is currently my favorite manga in Shounen Jump, and an anime adaptation can only boost it's popularity. It'd be nice if I could purchase an English version of the manga though (hint hint Viz).
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome ^^ Especially when considering that it hasn't even been out that long :]
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. The manga is certainly an enjoyable read, hopefully it is brought over here some day. I wonder how long the anime will be considering there are only eight volumes of the manga out as of next month.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Typical shounen... the premises already reminds me of Bleach... I'm thinking we should expect about
98748856838749378937947497393873 episodes in this franchise and countless movie and ova specials... I mean seriously? How much more of this do we need?
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Started reading it today after the announcement and I'm actually liking it quiet a bit. Got a pretty good pace which is more than you can say of lots of shonen....
Fireline

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:30 am Reply with quote
Great news. Mago has long been an enjoyable mainstay in Jump, and while many (myself included) worry that this is a bit too early for it to receive an anime (for fear of the anime catching up to the manga too quickly, resulting in filler), it's still among the shonen series most deserving of an adaptation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
fuzaco

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Fillers? It'll propably just another 26 or 52-epsiodes long series, so there won't be any need of fillers.
coolxal

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
Typical shounen... the premises already reminds me of Bleach... I'm thinking we should expect about
98748856838749378937947497393873 episodes in this franchise and countless movie and ova specials... I mean seriously? How much more of this do we need?

Yea... this doesn't seem popular enough to warrant any movies or fillers.

Looks more like a 2-season to 4-season long shounen anime like Kenichi or Kekkaishi.
Sariachan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:05 am Reply with quote
I dind't know about this manga, but reading your comments I'm quite curious now and can't wait to see the anime. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Westlo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:46 am Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
Typical shounen... the premises already reminds me of Bleach...

It's nothing like Bleach and since when was Bleach even original in the first place?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1