• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Funimation Entertainment Acquires Full Metal Panic! and Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu from Kadokawa

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote
That's good and everything. I hope they put a Gonzo symbol on the Full Metal Panic! boxset. Laughing

But they should re-licence Gasaraki. I would so buy that!

Sure it's Sunrise, but that never stopped them from doing Sgt. Frog!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote
Who the freak cares? I love the FMP franchise but it's been released a kajillion times. How about giving us something new?
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote
Like I said in the other thread, I'm looking forward to replacing my crappy Heavy Metal Collection. I just hope they aren't liteboxes; I hate those things for complete shows. BRING BACK CHIPBOARD!!!

...Or bricks. Those are always nice, too (as long as you don't overlap the discs).

Man, I sound really bitchy, but I truly am happy about the news. See-> Very Happy

Last edited by The King of Harts on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote
Oops, I posted the above before I saw the announcement about Sekirei and Birdy Decode - that's what I mean about giving us something new.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote
I've seen both. Still looking for TSR to wash up on our beaches here. Rolling Eyes
hussar67

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
The real FMP issue, as far as I'm concerned, is when is TokyoPop going to return to releasing the light novels, or if someone else will pick-up their license (hopefully). It looks like TokyoPop has started printing "Twelve Kingdoms" again, so there is a faint slimmer of hope.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I've seen both. Still looking for TSR to wash up on our beaches here. Rolling Eyes

I suspect if ADV or FUNi has licensed it rather than KadoUSA it would have been here a long time ago.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Like I said in the other thread, I'm looking forward to replacing my crappy Heavy Metal Collection. I just hope they aren't liteboxes; I hate those things for complete shows. BRING BACK CHIPBOARD!!!

...Or bricks. Those are always nice, too (as long as you don't overlap the discs).

Man, I sound really bitchy, but I truly am happy about the news. See-> Very Happy
My guess would be a 4-disc thinpack for FMP and a 2-disc single case for Fumoffu, given the way their other license rescues have been released. Which is why I'm sticking with the ADV singles and their chipboard cases Wink
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping they don't use the discs from the Heavy Metal collection instead of the original single discs like they do with Geneon releases. If they don't, though, I'll either get the singles + box or the thinpaks since the extras don't seem all that enticing anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1