• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime on Cartoon Network

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vekou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:49 pm Reply with quote
From the official site:

Quote:
We're happy to announce the premiere of two anime movies: InuYasha: The Love That Transcends Time at midnight on October 23 and Read or Die, airing at midnight on November 6.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex will now premiere November 6 at 11 p.m., followed by Fullmetal Alchemist at 11:30 p.m., pushing The Venture Brothers to 1 a.m. and Futurama to 1:30 a.m.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Wait...Read or Die debuts at midnight, with Venture Brothers airing at 1:00? How are they cramming an 90-minute OVA into a 60-minute space?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vekou

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
Wait...Read or Die debuts at midnight, with Venture Brothers airing at 1:00? How are they cramming an 90-minute OVA into a 60-minute space?

Good question...
emory

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Maybe Venture will just step aside for that night? Programming does get pre-empted for movies.
Shuchung

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:38 am Reply with quote
Yes! More good news!
Sarki-Kun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 11:02 am Reply with quote
Hey, enjoy it while you can, americans! It would be great if Cartoon Network Spain have that programation, even just one of that series (especially FullMetal or Inuyasha).

Or at least, enjoy it for me Wink
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:44 pm Reply with quote
emory wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Maybe Venture will just step aside for that night? Programming does get pre-empted for movies.

Could be, but then that just opens two more questions, why would that cause them to move Venture Brothers to 1pm, and what are they going to be showing at midnight and 12:30 from that point on?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote
When Inu-Yasha: Love That Transends Time comes on I'm gonna drink a Pepsi, eat a lot lot of sugur and drink more Pepsi because I can't stand coffee or Coke.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
animaniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote
The only stuff since kenshin I've watched is some wolf's rain (2 eps or so) and they may get me to watch read or die though. I can't wait for new eps of family guy hehe Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:28 pm Reply with quote
They made an Inu-yasha movie?
Angel Lily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Twilight Dragon wrote:
They made an Inu-yasha movie?

Yeah, there is in fact there are 3 and a 4th in planning. I knew that before I was a fan and I became a fan eailer this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
herbkir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:43 pm Reply with quote
Yes, 3 movies completed and a 4th in production for a Dec. release in Japanese theaters.

Viz will be releasing the first movie on DVD into USA retail channels Sept. 7, with the second to follow on DVD Dec. 28. With typical discounting, you can expect to pick them up for between $20-$25 each. Or you can wait for Oct. 23, set yourself up to record the Adult Swim showing and have the first movie for free.

For the first movie's showing on AS, I'm gonna get ramen and saki for an Inu party. (x_x) *whee*
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:50 pm Reply with quote
This is soo cool, I ant whait to wach them, I am gona Drink a Pot of Strong coffie to watch them!!!
emory

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
emory wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Could be, but then that just opens two more questions, why would that cause them to move Venture Brothers to 1pm, and what are they going to be showing at midnight and 12:30 from that point on?

Emerje

Inuyasha and Wolf's Rain. Remember Venture Bros. premieres in August, and its first season will be done by November.
Twilight Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Its gona take 4/5 months! Or is that just on saturday/Sundays?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4