• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lupin 'Steals' Statue, 'Obama' Attends Afro Samurai Show

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryukage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised it took Gonzo so long to release this in Japan.
11 months is a really long time to have left it state side.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:34 pm Reply with quote
For a second there I thought they were giving the "Friend" sign from 20th Century Boys.
calbear12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to know that Afro Samurai is getting this kind of publicity in Japan. And Nocchi, the guy who plays Obama, is so freaking hilarious! If you ever see the youtube clip where he finally shook hands with the real Obama, you'd know that he takes his look-alike act very seriously.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Hee, I guess Lupin wasn't content with limiting his proclivities to the fictional realm. Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:25 am Reply with quote
TMS should concentrate on making the next Lupin III special not suck out loud like the past few years'. Lupin is my favorite manga/anime character, but if it's another awful piece of garbage like Angel Tactics, Elusiveness of the Fog or sweet lost night ~Magic Lamp's Nightmare Premonition~, I'm done with the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:30 am Reply with quote
Ehhh... Personally I liked the Red vs Green Lupin special, and I haven't seen the one that tied in with Detective Conan yet.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:05 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Ehhh... Personally I liked the Red vs Green Lupin special, and I haven't seen the one that tied in with Detective Conan yet.

I thought Green vs Red started off well, but after the halfway mark it fell apart completely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Since last month, that steal-japan.jp website has been taking suggestions for what people want to have stolen

I wonder if that really is such a a good idea after all. Kidding around is one thing, but actually stealing an item makes me think someone will be left with the short end of the stick though.

When or if Funimation ever licenses the ConanVS Lupin, I'll watch the one shot then. Both are great series so I am sure the ova would be worthwhile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1