• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Usagi Yojimbo Creator Stan Sakai Interviewed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:12 am Reply with quote
Kind of curious why they didn't bring up the TMNT cross-overs, 'cus I'm curious how that happened.
hooliganj

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 am Reply with quote
Usagi and the Turtles crossed over a couple of times back in the early days of both series. They both started around the same time, they were both successful, and for a while they were both carried by the same publisher. So Usagi appeared in a couple of TMNT issues and vice-versa.

The turtles haven't appeared in Usagi's continuity in quite some time, but with their continued success, Usagi has put in occasional appearances in almost every incarnation of the show.

Anyway, after 25 years Sakai still writes and draws one of the best titles on the market, and I'm looking forward to more.
JohnathanEnder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:47 am Reply with quote
Quite awesome.

Usagi Yojimbo is probably my favorite American-produced comic book. I implore every manga/anime/comic fan to give it a read. Anime smile
The Xenos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:15 pm Reply with quote
This is one of those titles I keep meaning to get and read, yet keep not doing it. I think part of it is that I'm a completest and what the whole run from the beginning, which is quite an undertaking. There are plenty of lists of where to start and what series are good jumping on points. I should make a list of which ones to get one of these days.
Wooga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
awesome. I loved grasscutter back in the day. I'll be looking forward to this!
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm really surprised I didn't hear about this as much as I did Turtles' 25th anniversary this year. I mean yeah, Turtles is a lot bigger and more well known, but still.

I guess all my focus was on Turtles Forever. Razz

Congrats Usagi Yojimbo for your landmark too, I hope to read these comics one day too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1