• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruka -Beyond the Stream of Time- Manga Ends in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Wonder who Akane will end up with? Hopefully they won't go for a cop-out ending like the anime did...
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
I've been trying to find volumes 2 and up in my local Borders, but they haven't had them in stock. I know the manga hasn't been discontinued, but I dunno. I also saw the whole anime about a few years ago and I loved it! I considered it my all-time favorite...until I was introduced to Shounen Onmyouji. Very Happy
mogiks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:15 pm Reply with quote
If there is a solid pairing at the end, I'm betting it is with Yorihisa (but I'm not actually supporting that). But of course, with all these neoromance anime/manga adaptations, they tend not to choose a final pairing because the whole point of the games is choosing who you like the best; fans of the guy she ends up with will be delighted, and everyone else will just be annoyed.

I know this manga has had a lot of criticism for supposedly being really similar to Fushigi Yuugi (...really?) but I do enjoy it. The art just keeps getting better and, although I don't really favour everything about Viz's adaptation, I am really glad they picked it up. I just hope they'll speed it up a bit since it's finished already and I wanna know what happens. I just hope there's a satisfying ending.

Anybody know if Tooko Mizuno is still drawing Haruka 4, though?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:08 pm Reply with quote
neocloud9 wrote:
Wonder who Akane will end up with? Hopefully they won't go for a cop-out ending like the anime did...
The anime had no other choice with the manga still running, but lets hope it doesn't turn out like an Escaflowne ending. Rolling Eyes
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote
It didn't end soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote
It had the distinction of being the only manga serialized in Shojo Beat that I stopped reading and would just skip over. I thought it was awful, so I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. I'll take Fushigi Yuugi over this poorly done clone any day, but apparently it was popular enough or else it wouldn't have hung on as long as it did.
nekedo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Good riddance. Fushigi Yugi did it first and did it better. I'm surprised that Yu Watase didn't sue the pants off the mangaka.

One less clone to deal with. Hallelujah.
Asano Rain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:20 am Reply with quote
I never really followed this manga (skimmed through the chapters in Shojo Beat and thought it looked incredibly boring) but I'm still curious which guy the girl got with if any (since it seems to be a reverse harem manga...).

Anyone know?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1