• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!!, Chu-Bra!! TV Commercials Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote
Ooh, I'm very excited about Durarara! Though I know most people will simply be praising/dismissing it as either "better than Baccano" or "not as good as Baccano" while watching it. Anime hyper
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:02 am Reply with quote
Based on that 30 second commercial, I'd say that Chu-Bra!!'s *schwing* appeal is as massive as its intellectual appeal is miniscule. Cool!
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to Durarara!!, mostly due to Baccano! of course, but I certainly hope it's good.

As for Chu-Bra!!, it holds zero appeal of any kind for me. Let's see, first year middle-schoolers, so 12-13 year olds. Yeah, that's not creepy at all. The commercial certainly goes to great lengths to depict a sensitive portrayal of the issues surrounding puberty and body image perception. Rolling Eyes
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:54 am Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
Looking forward to Durarara!!, mostly due to Baccano! of course, but I certainly hope it's good.

As for Chu-Bra!!, it holds zero appeal of any kind for me. Let's see, first year middle-schoolers, so 12-13 year olds. Yeah, that's not creepy at all. The commercial certainly goes to great lengths to depict a sensitive portrayal of the issues surrounding puberty and body image perception. Rolling Eyes
At least they HAVE breasts.....which ruins the whole point of making them middle school girls instead of high school girls...not sure what the goal there is.

definately gonan watch durarara now...heard kana hanazawa decided to look at cast, great cost and trailer looked fun
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote
The song really annoys me in the Durarara!! trailer, but other than that it looks pretty good.
Seljuk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Watching DRRR!, that looks pretty awesome.

Already didn't like the concept of Chu-Bra, and I really don't like the character designs. Gives off that 'really bad hentai' boob-jiggle kinda feel as well, bleh. Comedy would have to be better than average to make it watchable for me, which I just don't see coming, but too early to tell.
Ranma824

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
hissatsu01 wrote:

At least they HAVE breasts.....which ruins the whole point of making them middle school girls instead of high school girls...not sure what the goal there is.

Some girls develop VERY quickly, while other girls don't grow much at all their entire life. It's really not that hard to understand.

But can ANN do us a favor and NOT "preview" Chu-Bra!! when it comes out. The "outrage" got old yesterday; and the potshots at (potential) fans of the show are unnecessary.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:
But can ANN do us a favor and NOT "preview" Chu-Bra!! when it comes out. The "outrage" got old yesterday; and the potshots at (potential) fans of the show are unnecessary.

Hah, fat chance! You just KNOW that Zac is dying to sink his preview teeth into this rich material...
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Ranma824 wrote:

Hah, fat chance! You just KNOW that Zac is dying to sink his preview teeth into this rich material...

ANN doesn't usually do previews for winter and summer shows though.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably check out Chu-Bra just out of curiousity.
I have a feeling it's going to be one of the most stupidiest shows ever.

Japan never fails with these kind of things Laughing
animeboy12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:31 pm Reply with quote
BunnyCupCakes wrote:

Then you need to watch more shows Wink .

Anywho, I've been hearing some interesting things about Chu-Bra!!. Apprently there is some "education" value in this as it does go into detail bras and undergarments and apparently the main character isn't so much a pervert but just an eccentric interest in bras and panties. Not sure if that changes anything but I was people would actually research before they criticize. It just seems nowadays people are ready to bash an ecchi or a moe show for being there respect genre, which I guess make sense I doubt most of the people coming in with pitchforks have actually watched the shows they bashed but whatever Rolling Eyes
4nBlue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote
animeboy12 wrote:
BunnyCupCakes wrote:

Then you need to watch more shows Wink .

Anywho, I've been hearing some interesting things about Chu-Bra!!. Apprently there is some "education" value in this as it does go into detail bras and undergarments and apparently the main character isn't so much a pervert but just an eccentric interest in bras and panties. Not sure if that changes anything but I was people would actually research before they criticize. It just seems nowadays people are ready to bash an ecchi or a moe show for being there respect genre, which I guess make sense I doubt most of the people coming in with pitchforks have actually watched the shows they bashed but whatever Rolling Eyes
I remember reading few chapters of the manga and the education value was rather minimal (I think it was something about too small bra being bad for breasts). My impression for the manga is that I totally forgot about reading it before I heard about the anime last week. I'm sure that any girl with growing breast who watches late night anime will delighted to hear about this.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
I'm sure that any girl with growing breast who watches late night anime will delighted to hear about this.

That sounds like a rather small demographic to target. I wonder if there's another demographic they might try to reach, preferably one with a large amount of disposable income that also appreciates loads of ass/panty shots, groping, and jiggling tits. Hmm... can't think of one. Oh well, I guess the satisfaction of helping out those poor girls will just have to do.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:18 am Reply with quote
I'm semi looking foward to Durarara!!...

Not because of Baccano... but because of Koi Kaze!

Same director, writers, music composer, these guys created my absolute FAV romance series (besides Eureka Seven)!

Everyone out there: If you are fans of Baccano, and according to this website; everyone mostly is. You owe it to yourself to watch one of their earlier works, and be mesmerized...

Baccano didn't grow on me, until the 3 episode to the last. But the OVA's were very enjoyable. Very.

Durarara! is gonna be fantastic... It is...
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Ranma824 wrote:

You're in luck, as ANN doesn't due a preview article for Winter or Summer series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2