• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams My Bride is a Mermaid, Other Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I am watching My Bride is a mermaid, and so far the first episode is really good. This is definitly a show I am going to continue to watch. Good opening, and great use of comedy. It's also got a great premise in the mermaid yakuza thing.
omnistry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote
"Bride" was probably the second-funniest shows of '07 (very close behind "Hayate"). I'm glad it's getting a proper release here.
Rednal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 pm Reply with quote
So, when's 'My Bride is a Mermaid' coming out on DVD...? I'm absolutely intending to purchase it as soon as possible, since it's one of my all-time favorites.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
I really want to own Seto no Hanayome... so can we get a DVD release date FUNi? Still though, thanks for streaming the first two episodes. Great to look back on a hilarious show.

EDIT: Though I have a hard time figuring out why it is rated MA. I don't remember there being anything that say, a 15 or 16 year old couldn't see.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

EDIT: Though I have a hard time figuring out why it is rated MA. I don't remember there being anything that say, a 15 or 16 year old couldn't see.

I my self have been wondering for a while now on the FUNi video portal as to why does School Rumble season 1 have a TV-PG rating while season 2 has a MA rating when its no diffrent then the first season? And then why does a show like Samurai Champloo only have a TV-14 rating when you have mature language, lots of blood, sexual themes, and seeing people getting their limbs sliced off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1