• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kizumonogatari, Nisemonogatari BD/DVD Listed by Amazon

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jarmel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote
Wtf? I thought it would be a TV series but it seems they are going the OVA route.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:46 am Reply with quote
OH MY GOD!!!

I froze for a second there...

Whether it's ovas or tv series I am beyond excited.

THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE SEQUELS KADOKAWA!!!
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote
I think the key information here is "Amazon's listings do not necessarily indicate definite release plans or dates." As in no release date, no product info, nor any plans yet for a release. Some shows stay like this for years before being released, some never get released, for example Ed has been listed on Amazon.com for around 5 years now I think. It's more of a "I hope this gets made/released" listing.

Due to Bakemonogatari's success I'd be surprised if in the end Kizumonogatari and Nisemonogatari didn't get made into anime, but I think this is more than a little premature cause for celebration. It's probably someone just a little overeager or trolling that created the listings.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:29 am Reply with quote
For those who haven't been buying the DVD/Blu-rays of Bakemonogatari, both were already announced to be animated in 2010 as stated in an included leaflet with Volume 1.
I expected them to be OVA's since they aren't long enough for a TV series, but interesting to see them listed so early.
Can't say I expected to hear any further info on them until the Bakemonogatari series was fully released on DVD/Blu-ray.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:52 am Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:
For those who haven't been buying the DVD/Blu-rays of Bakemonogatari, both were already announced to be animated in 2010 as stated in an included leaflet with Volume 1.

Where does it say that? I have the BDs. The main booklet makes no mention of it, and the leaflet for the Kodansha box novels is just an ad for the light novels as well as mentioning that the Nekomonogatari novel and Katanagatari anime will be released in 2010, while the Blu-ray release date sheet also mentions that Katanagatari will be made into an anime starting in January 2010. While I'd like for it to be true, I think a bombshell like this would not have remained hidden for several months now.
ArthurFrDent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:27 pm Reply with quote
for those who haven't been buying? I had the perhaps mistaken impression that the BD didn't have anything but the straight Japanese track, and no subtitles. So. There would be a lot of us who are waiting, hopefully, till the day when an english subbed version is available anywhere.

IF the japanese BD has a subtitle track, do tell...
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quote
ArthurFrDent wrote:
for those who haven't been buying? I had the perhaps mistaken impression that the BD didn't have anything but the straight Japanese track, and no subtitles. So. There would be a lot of us who are waiting, hopefully, till the day when an english subbed version is available anywhere.

Like 99.99% of Japanese releases, no English anything.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:42 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
as well as mentioning that the Nekomonogatari novel and Katanagatari anime will be released in 2010, while the Blu-ray release date sheet also mentions that Katanagatari will be made into an anime starting in January 2010.

That must be what I'm mistaking it for then.
I can't read Japanese so I was just going on what I could make out. Anime smile

ArthurFrDent wrote:

I'm sure there are alot waiting but at the same time there are alot purchasing these as well.
No, it doesn't feature any subs but most players can render an external subtitle track. I'm just using the fansubs.
Of course if the show does ever get licensed over here, I'll be double dipping to show my support as the show is THAT good in my eyes.
TJR

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
vulcanraven01 wrote:

I expected them to be OVA's since they aren't long enough for a TV

On a related note, the trend is to shift away from TV anime for products that are guaranteed to be bestsellers.

That's a result of both declining sales (due to downloading/recording in Japan) and the phenomenal success of Kara no Kyoukai, which significantly outsold the typical anime series despite having no TV exposure. Producers seem to be following the movie model for upcoming titles like Haruhi, Fate/Stay Night (UBW), and Bungaku Shoujo.

Now that Bakemonogatari has established an incredibly large fanbase, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to maximize sales of other Nisio Isin adaptations through movies or OVAs.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
I think the key information here is "Amazon's listings do not necessarily indicate definite release plans or dates." As in no release date, no product info, nor any plans yet for a release. Some shows stay like this for years before being released, some never get released, for example Ed has been listed on Amazon.com for around 5 years now I think. It's more of a "I hope this gets made/released" listing.

I don't know anything about Ed, but I'm assuming it is an existing TV series that had its release cancelled for some reason (I used to know someone who was going to get a book published and that was listed on Amazon but later fell through, heck - I pre-ordered the UK release of RIN). Here they are soliciting something that doesn't yet exist at all, and it isn't like Amazon itself is a wishlist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:

I don't know anything about Ed, but I'm assuming it is an existing TV series that had its release cancelled for some reason (I used to know someone who was going to get a book published and that was listed on Amazon but later fell through, heck - I pre-ordered the UK release of RIN). Here they are soliciting something that doesn't yet exist at all, and it isn't like Amazon itself is a wishlist.

No, Ed never had a release date or plans for release. I used it as an example. Many shows than fans want released but are not planned for release are listed on Amazon like this. Many eventually get released, but some never will. It is very much a wishlist of sorts. Add to that that there are plenty of completely incorrect product listings on Amazon. Will Nisemongatari and Kizumonogatari be made into anime eventually? Almost surely. The point is that this listing likely has very little to do with that.

EDIT: And the listings have been taken down. Like I said, they were probably put up by someone a bit too over eager or trolling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1