• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Funimation Entertainment Acquires FLCL from Production I.G.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
driverstart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:25 pm Reply with quote
FLCL will be available once again in the future?! Awesome! I've really wanted to see this one for a while since I've heard it was good and the guys behind Avatar: Last Airbender got some inspirition from it! Also, seeing it come to Blue-Ray is pretty cool to!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:02 pm Reply with quote
I've meant to comment on this for a while but keep forgetting: is there something ANN can do to prevent this double dipping of articles? We don't really need two Talkback threads on the exact same subject.
driverstart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I've meant to comment on this for a while but keep forgetting: is there something ANN can do to prevent this double dipping of articles? We don't really need two Talkback threads on the exact same subject.

There is another thread about this? I apoglize, I did not know that.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote
It's eight pages long! Next time make sure that their is another thread, especially one that is so active.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
There's no need to jump on the poor guy - he came in via the press release rather than the news article, that's all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote
FLCL? Meh, at least it means I won't have to go out of my way or waste money to legally own it on DVD one day.
Otaking09

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote
FINALLY!

Funimation are saints!!!

FLCL "NEEDED" to be rescued!

Well, now all we need licensed are Bakemonogatari, Summer Wars, Evangelion 2.0, and Shangri-La...
maxxjulie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:16 am Reply with quote
funimation are saints? no, they are just trying to acquire the rights to as many anime as possible because they are the top dog now. geneon and adv are gone so they're the king of the mountain. they're not looking to do you a favor. it's just business.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:28 am Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:
FLCL? Meh, at least it means I won't have to go out of my way or waste money to legally own it on DVD one day.

What do you expect? FLCL, like many other shows, is (or was lol) an extremely rare out of print title so of course they are going to be expensive. People should hold pride in the fact that they are the few that actually own those them. People should strive to someday have them in their collection. Money is never a waste if you truly love what you are paying for (and good Lord, do I love FLCL). Where the hell is the fun in collecting anime if everything is widely available and cheap? Guess that means you can cross off a ton of shows on your list due to being a "waste" of money.

Sorry, the collector in me feels the need to lash out against comments like such. I don't work hard to spend all this cash for nothing Smile
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:

What do you expect? FLCL, like many other shows, is (or was lol) an extremely rare out of print title so of course they are going to be expensive. People should hold pride in the fact that they are the few that actually own those them. People should strive to someday have them in their collection. Money is never a waste if you truly love what you are paying for (and good Lord, do I love FLCL). Where the hell is the fun in collecting anime if everything is widely available and cheap? Guess that means you can cross off a ton of shows on your list due to being a "waste" of money.

Sorry, the collector in me feels the need to lash out against comments like such. I don't work hard to spend all this cash for nothing Smile

You misunderstand me! I'm happy that it'll be available for such a cheap price, paying $200 for a set makes me puke.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:32 pm Reply with quote
babynaruto1 wrote:
You misunderstand me! I'm happy that it'll be available for such a cheap price, paying $200 for a set makes me puke.

No, he's not misunderstanding. The bold is why he's lashing out at you. I've spent $150 for the Sailor Moon S thinpak, $108 for the Super S box, $45 for the Haibane Renmei art box (just the box + vol 1!), $45 for just the 5th volume of Kanon and I don't feel like puking at all! You know why? Because not everybody has them and I freaking do! If I owned either of the FLCL boxes, I'd feel like a man's man.

BabyNaruto, you not a collector, you're just an anime fan. If you were one, you'd understand us.

luffypirate85, COLLECTORS UNITE!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Right on, King. We are few but we are proud. Some people just don't understand.

EDIT: babynaruto1 also pukes at the price of One Piece GNs.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:54 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
babynaruto1 wrote:

No, he's not misunderstanding. The bold is why he's lashing out at you. I've spent $150 for the Sailor Moon S thinpak, $108 for the Super S box, $45 for the Haibane Renmei art box (just the box + vol 1!), $45 for just the 5th volume of Kanon and I don't feel like puking at all! You know why? Because not everybody has them and I freaking do! If I owned either of the FLCL boxes, I'd feel like a man's man.

BabyNaruto, you not a collector, you're just an anime fan. If you were one, you'd understand us.

luffypirate85, COLLECTORS UNITE!

I'll become a collector one day, when I'm insanely rich Razz.

luffypirate85 wrote:
babynaruto1 also pukes at the price of One Piece GNs.

I just find the $2 price increase from $7.99 to $9.99 outrageous, that's all.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:12 am Reply with quote
Baby Naruto wrote:
I'll become a collector one day, when I'm insanely rich Razz.

He wasn't talking about post counts, Baby Naruto.

Rest assured, I'm having a fantastic time trying to wade through all the bumped threads for current discussions between these well-written replies of yours, Baby Naruto.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:29 am Reply with quote
FLCL in Blu-Ray is something I must have. I just hope it's region-free and not too insanely expensive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2