• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Delays Eureka Seven Movie, Hayate, Kurokami

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChocoBar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Again? This makes three delays now
kireblue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote
I am so fed up with Bandai right now. scratch that. I have been fed up with bandai for a long time. There is no reason why you need to have so many delays. Last year, they were my favorite anime distributor, but now, Funimation is just too good not to love. I mean really, I haven't even heard anything about Bandai getting any new series. The last time i heard from them was when they licensed Kannagi last year. Oh and, by them moving Kurokami to march 2nd, they have officially delayed it for 9 whole months (3/4 of a year).
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:19 am Reply with quote
Oh wow. A Bandai delay? Words cannot express how my mind has been blown.

In fact, I'm so amazed, I'll post how amazed I am:

Amazing.
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
I'm sympathetic towards Bandai, because they're so moe.

Bandai with cat ears, a maid/waitress uniform, an empty serving tray clutched to its side..."I...I'm sorry I delayed your order, sir. I p-p-promise it won't happen again!"
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
DAMNIT! I was planning on getting the Eureka Seven movie before I become incomeless. Now I can't. Jerks.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:24 am Reply with quote
there goes my netflix for feb..gotta make a new list now
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:29 am Reply with quote
That's an adorable kitty there. Very Happy

I'm well past 'fed up' with Bandai, though... I believe I'm up to 'given up' at this point. I was throughly pleased with Bandai back when I was getting the first Code Geass LEs, with their 2-disc/2 cases with CDs and booklets and other goodies. I was dissapointed when R2 didn't have the goodies. I was fed up when Hayate 'part 1' turned out to be 'disc 1, but we're saying part so you'll think the $40 price is justified.'

As of now, I'm just finishing up Geass and Hayate, then Bandai gets the distinction of being the first anime studio I will avoid buying singles and preorders from. Actually, the only reason I'm even bothering with the singles for those two series is becuase Geass is nearly done and I ended up liking Hayate too much to wait on the boxset.

It may sound silly to say I'll focus on Funimation becuase, well, they're pretty much the only game in town anymore... but they do seem to be the only company really pushing to give a product fans want (AnimEigo not included, and I reserve the right to change my mind on Section 23 as they settle in and get the ball rollin' again.)
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote
I usually don't rush out to buy the latest releases so this isn't that big of a problem for me, in truth, but by this point in time you'd think Bandai would try to draw less attention to their continuing delays. It's almost a given that whatever date is first mentioned in these solicitations will not be met.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they went under. Its obvious something is very wrong at Bandai. But anyone's guess as to what exactly.
John Casey

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
It's days like these when I wish someone new and fresh would step up, and pick up the pieces...

We really could use a new distribution company with the know-how. Confused
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
As a HUGE Eureka Seven fan I was woefully disappointed by the movie version... it adds nothing to the franchise and it took a slightly convoluted story line, tossed it in the blender, and made it come out as something that made even less sense (talking about Kojima levels of 'WTF' here)... and the production values are astonishingly low for a theatrical release. But what do you expect from something that's 80% recycled.

Also, the ending was slightly WTF? too. It's wasn't a bad ending (in the 'bad end' sort of meaning), but it wasn't at all satisfying.

I suggest any E7 fans save their money.
Almaz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:49 am Reply with quote
Bandai and Media Blaster is on my "list." After Geneon and ADV failed, there is no guarantee that titles own by Bandai and Media Blaster will be picked up by Funimation. Basically, I will purchase series when they are completed. Exception to the rule is Hayate. I just finished Genshiken and Moribito. I am glad that the series were completed before Media Blaster when on "economy" mode. Section 23 is getting quite a few titles now that I like. I might be buying more of Section 23 than Funimation this year.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote
Wow, didn't see this coming. Rolling Eyes Seriously, what the hell is going on with Bandai lately?
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:53 am Reply with quote
Well that sucks. I really want to watch Kurokami on my tv and not on their youtube page.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:04 am Reply with quote
This really sucks for fans of these titles, especially if you're really looking forward to them. I'll probably have to get into Eureka Seven long after the movie comes out, if it comes out at all!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5