• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Film Theme, Beckii Cruel Promo Videos Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:13 am Reply with quote
I've given up on the Haru-hype.

Somebody, seriously, send me a PM when they put out a TV show again. That's all I ask. Everything else is just Eva-milk.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:25 am Reply with quote
TokyoGetter wrote:
I've given up on the Haru-hype.

Somebody, seriously, send me a PM when they put out a TV show again. That's all I ask. Everything else is just Eva-milk.

I'm liking the term "Haru-hype". Laughing

All I know is that while everybody else is tied up in the usual over the top frenetic worship of everything Haruhi Movie next week February 6th I'll almost certainly be quitely sifting through the internet looking for any info on the premier of Gundam Unicorn. Cool

Of course it's doubtful I'll be able to completely ignore the usual Kyoani release nonsense because it'll almost certainly be thrust in my face the very second I try and go to any anime related website, but eh......maybe I'll just have to make it fun by coming up with a drinking game for it all. Something like everytime somebody hears some vague news from the premier or finds a screenshot of Vanishment and/or instantly declares it the greatest thing ever put to film I'll take a sip. Not a shot though because I don't want a hangover. Laughing
Xagor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:32 am Reply with quote
I thought the song was nice, but clearly people don't want to talk about the actual content of the news article.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:25 am Reply with quote
Xagor wrote:
I thought the song was nice, but clearly people don't want to talk about the actual content of the news article.

Just like politics. People like to blame others for what is going wrong, but not like to talk about how to fix the problems.

Endless 8 was a complete waste of time, and so is this.
Luna Loving

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Endless 8 was a complete waste of time, and so is this.

Hmm, that's strange. I get the feeling I knew someone would bring this up. Or that it's been argued about before....

Let's leave Endless Eight out of this?
nagato316

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote
As a moderate Haruhiist, while it's great that there's more Haruhi on the way which I look forward to, I probably won't get more excited about The Vanishment movie until I hear word of when it gets licensed and distributed here in the R1.

If you really want to get me psyched, Bandai, you'll do for The Vanishment what you did for Kannagi..."Boom! We've licensed it. And BAM! it's available _now!_" But we're getting way ahead of ourselves here.

Having said that...

Quote:
The video does not contain actual anime footage.

Maybe not, but I for one got goosebumps revisiting North High "in real life." I realize that anime producers scout locations on which to base settings for anime all the time, but damn their scouting for Haruhi's school and its surrounding neighborhood, if this vid is any indication, was spot on.

Speaking of real life, re: the Cruel Angels...my take on it...and this is not meant to be a judgmental statement, as I will not say yay or nay, good or bad about it...this has to be my first ever glimpse of "live-action moe," if that even exists. Well, the "Angels" are making money off this, so *shrug* good for them I guess.

Hmm...did my ears detect some Autotune-esque tweaking of Beckii's voice? A hint of the next logical step in marketing the Isle of Man's most famous otaku?

Beckii Cruel + Vocaloid = "Beckaloid?"
Pedestrian A

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote
l0l day kan't singu, wi arr day so papular?

As for VoSH... I am only watching it for Nagato Yuki!
thefuturemrsuzumaki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
LOL "Haru-hype"...I like that term. BTW, don't even get me started on Endless 8...that threw me off of watching VoSH.

And congrats to Beckii Cruel feat. Cruel Angels...hopefully they'll make it big in the world of otaku (this is kinda reminding me of LeetStreet Boys LOL.)

[Note: If you're wondering who LeetStreet Boys are, just look up "Yuri the Only One," "Guitar Hero Hero," or "Comiket" on YouTube. They also did a rendition of Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up," which is also on YouTube. <---RickRoll'd FTW.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait for this movie to come out the songs are just so good
mrsu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Pedestrian A wrote:
l0l day kan't singu, wi arr day so papular?

Since it's Yuki-centric, that's probably the best thing you can do.

btw. Disappearance is one of the best Haruhi novels, you'll bite your buttocks for not watching the movie.

edit:
whoops, forgot something.
I really like Minori Chihara, I even own her lastest album, but this song is rather boring, it's more like a lullaby than a movie theme.
nagato316

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
^ I suspect the slower and more tranquil feel of Minorin's song is reflective of spoiler[ Yuki's human, non-data integration interface incarnation in Vanishment. IIRC, doesn't she, being human, kinda develop feelings for Kyon as well ] in Vanishment? Hence this heartfelt ballad, instead of the usual techno-pop offering Minorin gives us as Nagato.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Pedestrian A wrote:

I hear this one a lot, this "I'm only watching it for x" line. Is this some kind of meme or are people really just making excuses for convincing themselves to watch an almost 3 hour movie they actually don't really want to see. In either case it's kind of silly.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
I think the phrase "Eva-milk" is more appropriate. Wink As for Beckii, I just pray it doesn't all end in tears for that girl. Rolling Eyes
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I really like the theme for the Haruhi movie. It's very pretty.

I don't really have anything to say about Beckii Cruel except "Good for her."
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The "Beckii Cruel feat. Cruel Angels" musical act includes a French female college student named "Sara Cruel" and a British female high school student named "Gemma Cruel."

Gaijin getting used by perverts, cool.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2