• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Producer: Live-Action Evangelion Project Still Active

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrizzlingEnthalpy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:54 pm Reply with quote
It's nice how, no matter what else changes, the live-action Evangelion movie is always going to start making progress next year.
Ushee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this project just needs to die already
Odekerk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:07 pm Reply with quote
even next year

GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, course the suckonomy killed the film. I'm just surprised anyone wants to still do it after Watchmen disappointed. But I'm hoping this time the Asian characters are played by Asian actors.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
DrizzlingEnthalpy wrote:
It's nice how, no matter what else changes, the live-action Evangelion movie is always going to start making progress next year.

Ya know, it is good to have a constant in life. Especially now that the Duke Nukem Forever game is somewhat sidetracked.
Damius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Well, the "Back from the dead, Back to the dead" movie....
machetecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU.
LondinCalling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
His resume doesn't impress. As far as being a fan goes, I know I'll be dissappointed.

Chances are the move from Gainax to Studio Khara has created some problems as well as the American anime industry coming to a halt.

I'm sure Mr. Chou, despite his efforts, will fail to create something that fans can relate to.

I wouldn't be surprised if Hidaki Anno and the rest of the Gainax/Khara staff want names changed and characters disassociated in order to keep the relation distinct.

I for one will be personally dissappointed if this film takes place in the United States.

This may be his most ambitious title ever but either way, what we will get is a piece of drivel.

I'm willing to accept some reservations but when every Japanese character in the King of Fighters film is played by a caucasian person, I can't help but be concerned.

If they are going to Westernize it, I guess you could take a Hamlet-esque character and give him a big robot to save mankind.

Otherwise stick Jason Statham in there and stab us from the front; real friends stab you in the chest, not the back.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quote
LondinCalling wrote:
Otherwise stick Jason Statham in there and stab us from the front; real friends stab you in the chest, not the back.

Man, Jason Statham as Shinji would be the best casting EVER. Can Bai Ling play Rei?
Tyrenol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:09 am Reply with quote
"Snickering Fat Guy" is better off getting money to give an English dub to that crap Clannad.

And even then; they're better off doing a live-action Americanized version of Clannad since "romance comedy for the otaku audience" is considered more entertaining than "emo mecha et al for the otaku audience."

I'm one of the few people looking forward to the live action movies of "King of Fighters" and "Tekken." Now that's sad. Sad

I guess it's too late to kill this Abominable Snowman that is Hideaki Anno's giant self-pleasure otaku movie now. Rolling Eyes
HoiHoi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:33 am Reply with quote
i can only say one thing.. two things..

1. I do not believe what Chou is saying, since 2003 they've been saying it's gonna be produced and so far nothing.

2. In case it's true.. i just hope Gainax does screw the film by letting it be a holywood production. I wish it'll be a Japanese production...
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:34 am Reply with quote
Tyrenol wrote:
"Snickering Fat Guy" is better off getting money to give an English dub to that crap Clannad.

An English Clannad dub may actually be a reality, if voice actor information in the Halo anime press release can be believed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
holy_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote
Please don't make Eva live action....
Because Hollywood always make things worse than the original...
jdnation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:59 am Reply with quote
I have optimistic hopes for the project. Sure some things will be changed and I'm bracing for those. But overall this could be awesome! Frankly, Evangelion loses nothing from being 'Americanized' really... and by that I mean having the cast being American or a mix of races. Nerv always seemed like an international organization to me and heck it would make sense! And nothing in the show was that distinctly 'Japanese,' at least nothing that was that relevant.

It'll very likely be in stereo 3-D too if it's made.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:29 am Reply with quote
HoiHoi wrote:
i can only say one thing.. two things..

1. I do not believe what Chou is saying, since 2003 they've been saying it's gonna be produced and so far nothing.

2. In case it's true.. i just hope Gainax does screw the film by letting it be a holywood production. I wish it'll be a Japanese production...

Oh dear you haven't seen japanese movies have you? Their low budget and often badly acted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4