• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mitsuru Adachi Ends Cross Game Sports Manga Next Week

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Woot! Looks like the anime adaptation will be able to wrap up with a clear ending after all. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Good to see that the anime has at least some popularity in the internet sphere. Goodness knows Touch and H2 never really did except among Adachi fans.

Anyway, I am somewhat happy to see it won't drag on forever, and that the anime will be at least given the chance to properly adapt the ending of the manga.

That said, I can't wait for what Adachi decides to write next... and I still hold how a little hope that some R1 distributor takes a chance on the Cross Game series if they can get the license relatively cheap.
Delleponte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Hi
How much of the manga has already been covered by the anime? Is there an official estimate of the total number of anime episodes?
Edu
Expias

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
ANN reports having 51 episodes. It's at episode 44. At this point, the anime should very well finish with the manga ending.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:42 pm Reply with quote
I should really catch up on the anime. If only more people could appreciate the gold mine that is Mitsuru Adachi baseball manga/anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:28 pm Reply with quote
i'm kind of hate his ending. spoiler[It looks like we won't know the Koshien result], not sure where the love interest are at the end.
nechronius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:27 am Reply with quote
I can understand your frustration but spoiler[The match at the Koshien itself was never the point of the story].

The story has been extremely satisfying overall and I really look forward to seeing the last 7 episodes of the anime as well. I do hope they develop a few of the filler-plots a bit more though, specifically spoiler[Nakanishi and his girl and see Aoba playing a little more baseball]. Even if they don't this really has been a marvelous series, both anime and manga.

As for love, that too should be made clearer in the last few episodes.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Delleponte wrote:
Hi
How much of the manga has already been covered by the anime? Is there an official estimate of the total number of anime episodes?
Edu

Ahh... The anime just finished part 2 in the RAWs I believe. So next episode should be the start of part 3. So just around or over halfway I believe. So it looks like it'll be about a 70+ maybe 100 episode series.

spoiler[And I'm sure the Koshien subplot will be handled a bit like Touch or at least a few brief panels.]
docjoey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:03 am Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Delleponte wrote:
Hi
Edu

Ahh... The anime just finished part 2 in the RAWs I believe. So next episode should be the start of part 3. So just around or over halfway I believe. So it looks like it'll be about a 70+ maybe 100 episode series.

spoiler[And I'm sure the Koshien subplot will be handled a bit like Touch or at least a few brief panels.]

hmm i dunno about 70+ episodes... they might be able to do it if they added in fillers... but it might very well end in 51 episodes with the manga ending.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 am Reply with quote
From the sense I got throughout the series, spoiler[winning at Koshien wasn't their main goal, it was getting there to fulfill Wakaba's wish. It's kind of ambiguous at this point if Koh chooses Akane or Aoba (while I'd prefer Koh and Aoba if possible Wink ). It seems possible Akane could go with Akaishi considering the guy frequently talked with her and he's showing feelings for her.]

Still, Cross Game's been one of the better titles I've seen in the past couple years from titles that, for the most part in that time, were pandering heavily to the otaku crowd.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1