• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Amazon JP Gets 88,000 Evangelion 2.22 BD/DVD Pre-Orders

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tratious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:18 pm Reply with quote
wow I am one of those it's probably because they are only charging ¥4,464 the cheapest I have seen it so far
melonbread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote
And yet no worldwide release in sight. Because that makes so much sense..
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:35 pm Reply with quote
So, how long before Funimation gets this?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Mraw it's okay. BD aren't locked so unless your jonzing for a Eng Dub or the average US price tage of $25 - 35, then this is awesome. Wonder if I can get in on this.

And god, I keep getting confused about the 1.11 BD. So many sites list it as 1.0 BD.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

For a Blu-ray release? I would say a minimum of two years. And that's a minimum.

I mean the original came out in what? 2007?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GloriousMaximus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Take that MJ!!!!

Meh can only wait for 2.22 to be released in North America...
PiercingArrow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:56 pm Reply with quote
cant wait to pre-order this on amazon once FUNi get their hands on it. Alot of interesting stuffs these days. Maybe its just a matter of time for them to get dvd/bd release of One Piece Stong World & Fate/Unlimited Blade Works too?
Tratious

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

For a Blu-ray release? I would say a minimum of two years. And that's a minimum.

I mean the original came out in what? 2007?
yes in theaters it came out on DVD in 2008 and then for 1.11 on BD and DVD in 2009

so I expect this about 2011/2012 if they actually license it and I think they will.
Quark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:21 pm Reply with quote
More pressure to get the Blu-ray of this. I've been waffling on it, but the price is a little too steep, and my Japanese is...well, it's spotty. I can only pick out random words here and there, so I'd be lost trying to watch it. But the urge to buy it anyway is so strong - I'd certainly feel less guilty watching the fansubs later.
What to do...

Oh, for those who ordered it, I'm wondering about the shipping charges. I looked on the website, and unless I've completely misunderstood, the shipping charges are around $30 to North America. Am I wrong, or have I read this right?
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Quark wrote:
Oh, for those who ordered it, I'm wondering about the shipping charges. I looked on the website, and unless I've completely misunderstood, the shipping charges are around $30 to North America. Am I wrong, or have I read this right?

amazon.co.jp shipping is very expensive for single items because they use Fedex International Priority, but can be very cheap if you order multiple items. For a single item, HMV Japan might be cheaper because even though their price is higher, their shipping is quite a bit cheaper.
Quark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
Quark wrote:

amazon.co.jp shipping is very expensive for single items because they use Fedex International Priority, but can be very cheap if you order multiple items. For a single item, HMV Japan might be cheaper because even though their price is higher, their shipping is quite a bit cheaper.

Ah! Gotcha. Thanks a lot for clearing that up. I did a double take when I saw how much their shipping was. Generally I avoid R2s because of their price, and my lack of Japanese, so amazon is probably out for me. I think if I do order it, I'll go with yesasia.com. The movie is ten bucks more than on amazon, but I'll get free shipping.
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I just ordered the BD version of this. I just want to see it even if I don't understand everything that is being said.Smile
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I must say that I was one of those that ordered it on the first day... I mean, I've been waiting for it since the theater release and the instant I saw the words "Evangelion 2" and "Blu-ray" come up in a single sentence I jumped on it.

The numbers here just go to show the lasting popularity of the Eva series. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new path they are taking with the story.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1