• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Section23 Films Announces May Slate

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Whoo, Hell Girl season 2! That's great news Very Happy
mckg1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes, they are going to start dubbing again! and releasing blu ray! Now i just hope section23 Films dub hell girl season 2!
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote
This news is certainly bittersweet when it comes to Hell Girl. I'm glad the series got licensed, but without a dub, that's going to be hard to buy.

Don't take this the wrong way. I have no problem with sub-only titles, it's just that I'll miss Brina Palencia's voice as Ai, and that's going to be difficult to accept. I guess I could just swallow the bitter and enjoy the sweet, as hard as it'll be to do so.

Next step: wait for ANN's review.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Title: APPLESEED BLU-RAY EDITION
Format: DVD

Am I missing something, or are they just being sloppy here?
_V_

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Alright, Neo-ADV can make dubs, and Blu Rays, and *meet its street dates*....this is pretty embarrassing for Bandai

Bandai is vestigial - they wanted to replace it with Bandai Visual, but were *openly surprised* when the Japanese market model of "DVDs costing thousands of dollars sold to addicted fanboys" DIDN'T WORK...and just release stuff through Bandai now because they don't know how to handle the North American market
triangle_man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:10 am Reply with quote
Ai is referred to as "Jigoku Shoujo" in Hell Girl, though.

Jigoku Tsushin is what people use to contact her.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
_V_ wrote:
Alright, Neo-ADV can make dubs, and Blu Rays, and *meet its street dates*....this is pretty embarrassing for Bandai

Bandai is vestigial - they wanted to replace it with Bandai Visual, but were *openly surprised* when the Japanese market model of "DVDs costing thousands of dollars sold to addicted fanboys" DIDN'T WORK...and just release stuff through Bandai now because they don't know how to handle the North American market

Bandai, is going through a rough time right now. They've been having problems since 2009 when Bandai Visual went defunct and have been unable to pick up new titles because of the poor demand for dubbing and the almost lack of anime on TV needless to say they are in a bit of a comatose state.

But this isn't like CPM, Bandai still has other resources to help them and most of thier titles are still in print and easy to find in local retailers i.e. Cowboy Bebop,GITS: SAC, Eureka 7.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1