• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Eclectic Sheep

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarukah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I absolutely can't wait for Fragile and Soulsilver; I already pre-ordered and paid both of them off. I've been looking forward to Fragile since before the Japanese version was released, I really hope its a great game.
Nerv1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
I really hope Resonance of Fate will be good. Sega did a good job with Valkyria Chronicles and its pretty much the only RPG I enjoy(even though its technically not a true rpg) on the PS3, hopefully it'll be just as good.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:59 am Reply with quote
Todd Ciolek wrote:
spoiler[Marketing Idea: make the 'Genesis' part huge and sell this to desperate Sega fans who still want to think it's 1992.]

This is why I love reading your image titles. Smile
ninjaclown

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:00 am Reply with quote
Maybe I missed something, but I've noticed Todd hasn't mentioned anything about Sonic the Hedgehog 4, so I'm wondering did he miss it, is it not worth mentioning, or are these games are only commented about nearing their release dates? Really curious, thanks.
Henry Jones

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:23 am Reply with quote
After beating Mega Man 10 a couple days ago, I'd have to agree with you on it. I had fun with it, but it really feels like a Mega Man 5 or 6 where they put extra "stuff" in it (Playing as Proto Man), but had uninspired levels. Every level in Mega Man 9 felt individual, while the levels in Mega Man 10, despite a few flourishes here and there, felt like a lot of the same over and over. Even the final level, despite a nifty reveal, was kind of lackluster. I guess they gave in to the people who thought Mega Man 9 was too hard. At the end of 10, my thoughts were, "Is that it?" It had a great first level to Dr. Wily's Castle, at least.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:16 am Reply with quote
I'm torn. I actually am more interested in Resonance of Fate but I'm dying to find out what they've done with FFXIII. I don't know which I should get. Whichever I choose will end up pushing the other back for at least a few weeks.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:24 am Reply with quote
I need to send some games back in time to gamefly so I can snag Fragile and God of War III. D:
Ranma824

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:37 am Reply with quote
In terms of releases I want, next week is really big for me. Sadly I won't be able to get any of those games release week.

ikillchicken wrote:
I'm torn. I actually am more interested in End of Eternity

Fixed. Razz
Quote:
but I'm dying to find out what they've done with FFXIII.

What they've done is programmed the best party AI Ever.
Quote:
I don't know which I should get. Whichever I choose will end up pushing the other back for at least a few weeks.

The way I see it, you probably won't go wrong with whichever you choose.
Dimlos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:41 am Reply with quote
Excuse me, sir, but Wild Arms is an awesome series. They should make a new one.
gunshottrigun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:26 am Reply with quote
Pokémon Heart Gold and Soul Silver's MSRP is not $29.99, but $39.99 due to the inclusion of the Pokéwalker.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:07 am Reply with quote
Dimlos wrote:
Excuse me, sir, but Wild Arms is an awesome series. They should make a new one.

I liked the first few, but that Hex system they decided was their claim to fame, I found rather annoying, and skewed towards favoring enemy AI. But a new entry in the series would be nice.

ikillchicken wrote:
I'm torn. I actually am more interested in Resonance of Fate but I'm dying to find out what they've done with FFXIII. I don't know which I should get. Whichever I choose will end up pushing the other back for at least a few weeks.

I'm getting Resonance of Fate. One, because I like tri-Ace. Two, because I'm not happy with S-E not giving R1 the Japanese language track for FFXIII on the PS3, because it would have taken more discs to be on the 360, and we can't have the 360 owners feeling left out. Three, pre-emptively boning S-E for only giving us NIER: Gears of War Edition, and retitled so as to leave no chance of us ever getting the "emo-ly" superior Replicant on it's natively intended PS3 platform. Square-Enix seems to be trying really hard to make me hate them lately, and it's starting to work.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:29 am Reply with quote
I thought it was a long standing policy of Square Enix not to release their games overseas with the Japanese language track (included for whatever reason).

It's the reason I never bought Dissidia, and probably won't buy FF13.
yuna49

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:33 am Reply with quote
Ai no Kareshi wrote:
I thought it was a long standing policy of Square Enix not to release their games overseas with the Japanese language track (included for whatever reason).

I thought it was Sony's policy. The Japanese version of FF XIII costs $100 compared to $60 for the US version. Removing the Japanese track discourages reverse importation and protects this price differential.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I thought it was Sony's policy. The Japanese version of FF XIII costs $100 compared to $60 for the US version. Removing the Japanese track discourages reverse importation and protects this price differential.

Possibly. But there are games on Sony consoles that have the Japanese language track intact. I just haven't ever seen this on a Square game.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:47 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The other, who was just confirmed by CAPCOM, is an oil-covered Turkish wrestler named Hakan.

Apparently, Oil Wrestling is a very popular and historic sport in Turkey. Olive oil is used to protect grapplers from the sun during gruelling bouts, which used to be fought without time limits. (Placing hands within a wrestler's oiled attire is, within limits, both fully tolerated and integral to many techniques.)
Perhaps CAPCOM were inspired, albeit weakly, by such a tradition.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3