• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Right Stuf Adds Dirty Pair TV Anime Series

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neocloud9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Huh. I knew Nozomi specialized in niche stuff, but I still wasn't expecting something so...old.
trandraskell

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I am so happy about this I was going to say orginal daughter of twenty face due to all the code thing but this is great
egoist

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I bet they paid like 10 dollars for this one.
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
This is the most insanely awesome news ever, and makes up for all the recent drama. RightStuf has my order on this! This is probably one of the most awaited licenses ever, given the rest of the series [even the novels] has been released here successfully, and Adam Warren's comics are classic stuff.

I'd seriously love to see RightStuf commission a Retro DP VS. DarkHorse DP piece of artwork from Adam Warren [I'm sure he even might have some lying around] as a bonus for the DVD release.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I've heard of this a lot but never seen it. This is great news for fans of it though, kudos to them.

I never knew all we had over here was OVAs or something though. So it's best to watch this show first actually?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Alright! Old school anime! *cheers

I'll be looking for this one in the Weekly Specials listing. I miss the classics, and I'm glad some of them are making a comeback. About time.

Now, (newer) anime fans can really diversify their collection and quit drooling over pictures of those who've been buying for decades.
Razz
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Yes, finally! I can't wait to finally see the TV series. I'm hoping this does well enough so that we can see more of the Dirty Pair getting rescued.
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:08 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I bet they paid like 10 dollars for this one.

It's a Sunrise title, and they don't exactly give away their titles for free. The price involved kept ADV from optioning it [they released the OVA's, remake OVA's and movies], so I'm guessing they might of gotten a better deal, but not necessarity a bargain basement deal. I imagine RStuf has moved a whack of Dirty Pair over the years, and know what the market for it is.

I mean, Dark Horse has made action figures and shot glasses based on the stuff Adam Warren's done, so there's a definite paying market out there for this stuff. I'm curious if they'll do a dub since this is something with more market history then other items they've picked up

I'm curious if we'll see a reissue of the OVA's or movies accompanying this [whether notADV sitll has them, or RightStuf license rescues them] . http://www.darkhorse.com/Search/Browse/Dirty+Pair/PpwNwkt8 Dark Horse has done good business with Dirty Pair over the years. It's like Gunsmith Cats, one of those franchises that's bigger than newer fans suspect.
Paploo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
I've heard of this a lot but never seen it. This is great news for fans of it though, kudos to them.

I never knew all we had over here was OVAs or something though. So it's best to watch this show first actually?

I have some of the movies- it's all pretty selfcontained stuff, and there's been a few incarnations (all of which have had english releases)- the novels, the Sunrise TV series/OVA's/Movies, the Dirty Pair Flash OVA's and the Adam Warren comics.
The Flash OVA's and Adam Warren's comics came out of both companies being unable to use Sunrise's designs, but going directly to the author of the novels to license adaption rights and coming up with new looks [Adam's are probably closer to the look from the novels, though took on a really distinct look in later miniseries]
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:15 pm Reply with quote
PetrifiedJello wrote:
Alright! Old school anime! *cheers

Damn right. I like you. Can't say I've ever seen any Dirty Pair stuff, but I'm willing to rent and see what I think.
ScrappedAeon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I'd care a little more about this if it was getting a dub.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's just effing nuts. I'll consider it, though, if I can get a good sell-through price on the box-sets. But thanks and good luck, RS.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:20 pm Reply with quote
ScrappedAeon wrote:
I'd care a little more about this if it was getting a dub.

*checks watch*
Right on time.
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Kind of random...but cool nonetheless. I like old school stuff getting love.
jsyxx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Holy shit, I never thought DP TV would ever get licensed. This was my number one license request for eons. Thank you Right Stuf! Thank you!

As for people mad about it being old, get bent. This is the most awesomest news in the history of awesome news as far as I'm concerned. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10