• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ANNCast - JAPANNCast Bonus Episode

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:55 pm Reply with quote
10-year old idols? Last time I checked Sankaku Complex the record age for a graveur idol was 6 or lower... one article had a link to an online store with sample videos.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
unready

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:38 pm Reply with quote
So ... the article is dated two days ago as of now, but it never showed up on the front page, and there's no content. It's curious that there's feedback on the non-existent content, though. I'm not trying to poke anybody in the eye or anything, but am I missing something?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:39 pm Reply with quote
unready wrote:
So ... the article is dated two days ago as of now, but it never showed up on the front page, and there's no content. It's curious that there's feedback on the non-existent content, though. I'm not trying to poke anybody in the eye or anything, but am I missing something?

I posted this as a bonus episode on iTunes. In order to do that, I had to post a dummy article here so it'd go into the RSS feed. Subscribe to the show on iTunes and you'll get this episode.

The show will be back to normal next week.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Had some difficulty finding it on itunes - I was already subscribed but this episode wasn't showing up anad for a while I have two ANNcasts showing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
dizzon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea who Beckii Cruel was until this cast, and honestly after seeing a Youtube video I'm still not sure.

I would like to see Tokyo some day but I'm not sure how long I would keep my sanity. Years ago I spent a week in Manhattan visiting a friend of mine while at film school. At first it was great but that quickly wore off after day two. I'm a bit of a country boy, I'm used to wide open spaces where one could/would go a day or more without seeing another person, so after day two in the big apple I found myself getting claustrophobic, I imagine Tokyo would eventually give me major fits.

Wow! Did I hear Justin correctly? There is a meth problem in Tokyo? Holy cow, maybe I would feel at home there seeing as you haven't been able to buy Sudafed where I live over the counter and without a doctors prescription in many many years. Now I have this image of people walking around Tokyo tweeked out of their mind.
Maur

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:10 pm Reply with quote
This kind of sucks because I hate iTunes and don't use it Confused
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:28 am Reply with quote
I'm curious about the revamped Basquash. I remember enjoying the story and art at first, but then the fanservice was way too much for me and I gave up. I'd be interested in seeing the new version.

I also laughed at the second half's change of tone. The first half of the show sounded like a normal ANNCast, but the second half, the Japan burnout was completely obvious.
Ekvi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:31 am Reply with quote
Btw Justin, I believe that coke/ramen fight you mentioned is from a show called "Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu".
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:41 am Reply with quote
dizzon wrote:

Wow! Did I hear Justin correctly? There is a meth problem in Tokyo? Holy cow, maybe I would feel at home there seeing as you haven't been able to buy Sudafed where I live over the counter and without a doctors prescription in many many years. Now I have this image of people walking around Tokyo tweeked out of their mind.

Tokyo's meth problem is no worse than any first-world big city's...

They just have a lot tighter regulation of most drugs when it comes to what can be sold over the counter.

You can't even get naoproxim sodium (Aleve) there in any form... Outside of herbs and other natural supplements it's basically aspirin and ibuprofine and that's it when it comes to headaches, anyway.

Contact has a bunch of cold medicines there that use the legal alternatives which work pretty well, but for any serious stuff like say what's in Nyquil, you won't find it.

People are more used to going to the doctor more regularly in Japan anyway, so it's fairly easy to get prescription medicine if you have a real need for it.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Subscribe to the show on iTunes and you'll get this episode.

And for those who do not wish to use Apple products and services?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Alright, I added a direct-download link to the article for people who don't use iTunes.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Alright, I added a direct-download link to the article for people who don't use iTunes.

Currently going through nicotine withdrawls, so I won't listen tonight. Downloaded and ready to go.

Thank you. Smile

EDIT: Whoa. Just noticed the posting time. Weird, given I just finished up V for Vendetta not just 5 minutes ago.
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Thanks Zac. Smile
Maur

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Yay!
adam_omega

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for adding the direct mp3 as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2