• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NetComics to Remove Aurora Manga on April 14

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
einhorn303

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:47 pm Reply with quote
That can't be a good sign. I guess Aurora really is dead, and Hitohira will never be finished in English. One more canceled series to sorrowfully sit on my shelf.
jgreen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:52 pm Reply with quote
The company is apparently up for sale. Anyone got $300,000?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FeralKat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Good thing I snatched what I could during their blowout sales. Too bad, but I saw this coming a mile away. Sad
neocloud9

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:11 pm Reply with quote
BUMMER. My Ryo Takagi collection will go incompleted... Crying or Very sad
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:41 pm Reply with quote
This is the reason why I refuse to buy from small publishers (and Tokyopop). I hate being disappointed. Sad
chickajackeen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Dang!! I really wanted to see how Kirepapa and Noodle Shop Affair was going to turn out. What a drag!!
Kurishojo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
This is the reason why I refuse to buy from small publishers (and Tokyopop). I hate being disappointed. Sad

Unfortunately your mentality is why so many small publishers stay small and then risk bankruptcy. Vicious cycle. Buying books from companies is the only way to keep them strong and kicking!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
einhorn303 wrote:
That can't be a good sign. I guess Aurora really is dead, and Hitohira will never be finished in English. One more canceled series to sorrowfully sit on my shelf.

Crying or Very sad God, why did this have to happen? I only recently found Hitohira and I thought it was a really sweet, cute little series. And it's not that long.

God dammit. My only tiny consolation is that I didn't start collecting it yet, so now I don't have to go thru another "no ending" depression from a beloved story. Sad
Brand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Ack! That sucks, I bought Red Blinds the Foolish and Seduce Me After the Show a couple months back. I wanted to order more stuff the last time they sent out and email but I was in the middle of moving. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
The company is apparently up for sale. Anyone got $300,000?

While ANN has been and still is investigating this, Aurora Publishing is not currently for sale.
Cait

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:20 pm Reply with quote
If they're indeed going under, their titles will be up for rescue soon. I guarantee Kirepapa will get rescued no problem. I guess it's better they go now than drag it out for another 3 years with no news...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
D: CRAP! I knew I should have bought some of their books sooner!
poonk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I was going to start into KirePapa but got wary when I saw the release dates kept getting pushed back. Crap. I was also waiting on subsequent volumes of both Noodle Shop Affair and Mister Mistress (I don't know for sure there is a v03 of MM but the story didn't seem resolved). *sigh*

So does this mean I should go through my Amazon wishlist and grab whatever Deux titles are in there before it's too late? Well, of the 43 books I found listed for Deux I already own 23-- just missing the Naduki Koujima titles (not a big fan of her art), the I Shall Never Return series, and a handful of other random single volume titles. Speaking of I Shall Never Return*, I'm wondering if now would be the time to snatch those 5 volumes up before they're unavailable. Anyone read it and/or recommend it?

*Edit: Okay, the reviews on Amazon sold me on ISNR and I just ordered all 5 volumes through a couple of Amazon Marketplace vendors that, even with S&H, are still a few bucks cheaper than Amazon's price of ~$13 each. I also grabbed a few other Deux titles I'd been hesitating on, namely Lovers and Souls, Ruff Love, Chocolate Surprise, and Spring Fever. I just ordered 6 manga & 2 DVD's from Amazon last night but announcements like this put the panic in a girl, y'know? That, or maybe I just needed an excuse, no matter how flimsy, to buy more manga. Wink

Last edited by poonk on Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
rinmackie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:03 pm Reply with quote
OMG! I love Mister Mistress, too! About another volume, yeah it did seem unresolved. Would love to see a continuation.
Extalia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:19 am Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:

I agree with you on not buying from TP, but Aurora was less of a disappointment.

P.S To those of you who still think that Mister Mistress was left unresolved (which I feel too:) There is indeed a third volume.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2