• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-04-06

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncreative

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
2DOtaku wrote:
As an experiment, just dare to talk about K*J here and see how much the ensuing discussion resembles this strip (particularly the last two frames).

I'm reminded somewhat of the thread that led to the gem of ANN newswriting's choice of wording:
Quote:
an alternate-history science-fiction anime with fan-service elements of female characters ranging in age from 12 to 19.

As to the comic, nerdrage is an easy target~ I was amused.
sirkoala13

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
*Sigh, no Myoopi in the last 2 strips. If it were an anime, who would be their voice actors. I think Kevin would be voiced by David Umanski.
Myznomer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Please get off your soapbox and go back to being funny. This strip is at it's best when it brings anime into the spotlight, as evidenced by the Initial D strip (best one, IMO) and the Revolutionary Girl Utena episode.

As it is, this is strip is pretty much for people who consider themselves "moderate" (whether they are or not) to point and laugh at anyone they label "extreme" (whether they are or not).
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Wow, this is ironic...someone getting defensive and angry over a comic strip making fun of people getting defensive and angry.

No, wait, it was just a matter of time.

Anyway, I prefer the ones that make fun of the anime community, since they're so easy to make fun of and I often enjoy seeing the vitriol flying around right afterwards. I rarely watch anime; I find it far more fascinating to watch the anime fandom as it's so weird.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Bullseye! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5