• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Afro Samurai, Eva: 2.22, Twin Spica Previews Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leftbehindxp

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:10 am Reply with quote
I cannot wait till May 26! The clips look gorgeous. Evangelion Blu, you'll be mine soon Twisted Evil

Last edited by leftbehindxp on Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Manwards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:18 am Reply with quote
Can't wait for Evangelion 2.22! It seems like years since I first saw 1.01... in fact, I believe it has been years. Not a fan of Hayashibara's version of "Tsubusa wo Kudasai" used in the promo, though. Her voice is so high-pitched, it comes across as comical. The best version I've heard is the B-side on one of the K-ON! singles.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:32 am Reply with quote
I remember when Playstation Home ran the first episode of the second season of Full Metal Alchemist in the theater. The video quality was low, but hey, it was free. And getting to discuss it with other fans right there is a great thing. FUN should really try and set up some private anime screening rooms in Home, I think it would draw many potential customers.

And Evangelion 2.22 is so close yet so far! I keep watching the previews for it like a fool and then curling up in a little ball thinking, "I have to wait another month for the movie to come out, why am I teasing myself like this?" But yeah, when the 26th rolls around I will be sitting on my doorstep awaiting the postman every day until the movie arrives Smile

It appears that Lawson is running some promotions for the new Eva release as well, including a special drawing for an Asuka figure and phone cards, among other things. There is a link to the site on the page that is streaming the new promotions. I would like to enter, but the chances seem slim. But at least many companies are cashing in on the franchise, I don't doubt that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Quark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 am Reply with quote
Leon Evolon wrote:

And Evangelion 2.22 is so close yet so far! I keep watching the previews for it like a fool and then curling up in a little ball thinking, "I have to wait another month for the movie to come out, why am I teasing myself like this?" But yeah, when the 26th rolls around I will be sitting on my doorstep awaiting the postman every day until the movie arrives Smile

You too? Thank God, I thought I was the only one torturing myself like this.

Anyway, a life size Eva unit would be sweet. Unit 01 would probably be the best pick, since it's the most visually striking, and, well, it's really cool, but I also have a strange fondness for the mass-produced Evas in EoE.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Can't wait until the new Eva comes out. Though I guess I'll be getting the regular version since I don't have a BD player.

Looking forward to 'Twin Spica' as well.

Last edited by Chrno2 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
maribeasteva2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Definitely will be going to see Afro Samuri. Smile

Alright for Eva 2.22. Only 40 days left.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1