• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyopop Adds Chibi Vampire: Airmail Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Anime of this please....the world needs more karin
Hi-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Anime of this please....the world needs more karin

I fully agree more Karin anime would be nice although highly unlikely.I was wondering what was taking Tokyo Pop so long to get the rights to these shorts;Karin was one of their top sellers ,better late than never.This is an immediate preorder for me.And did I forget to say Hell Yeah !
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Wow, didn't expect to see this happen. Well Tokyo Pop, I really enjoyed Karin and the Karin DVD's (The English audio was fantastic, but I seriously look forward to buying this.

Seriously, this is how a vampire story SHOULD go. Vampires should never ever sparkle and shouldn't be based on a stereotype. Also, the story must be written with 100% enthusiasm/passion and should also be written maturely. Not over dramatic (this will only bring the series down and makes the story harder to take seriously) and not to broad (details do really matter, especially specific details.)

Hopefully Tokyo Pop considers licensing Hekaki No Aion, this series is from Yuna as well, but is exceptionally interesting and very exciting. Fairly normal manga without anything to strange, unlike some manga titles that come out now and days.

Excellent job Tokyo Pop, even when others doubted/ gave up on the company, I had a feeling that another excellent series would eventually be licensed.

Though like the first poster said, I wouldn't mind more Karin anime. The existing Karin anime was absolutely awesome.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:24 pm Reply with quote
I love Karin <3 ... I have the anime series, the complete manga, and the light novels ... in fact, I just ordered the 6th one, because they started releasing them in English again - YAY!
NJ_

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Wow, didn't expect to see this happen. Well Tokyo Pop, I really enjoyed Karin and the Karin DVD's (The English audio was fantastic, but I seriously look forward to buying this.

Nice to see i'm not the only one who liked the Geneon/Odex dub of the anime. Cool
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Nice to see i'm not the only one who liked the Geneon/Odex dub of the anime. 8-)

I actually watched the series about a year or two before the series was released into America and was attonished with the quality of the English audio. The voice actors matched perfectly to the characters and the Opening theme song was downright hilarious at parts.

I really look forward to August 31 2010. Most likely, I haven't been this excited for a manga since Bleach or Dr. Slump was licensed in America. Maybe Gintama, since the manga is quite the masterpiece as well.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:29 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to get this. With Toradora and Spice and Wolf II coming out and now this, it's shaping up to be a banner year! Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Can't wait to get this. With Toradora and Spice and Wolf II coming out and now this, it's shaping up to be a banner year! :D

Too bad Toradora didn't receive an English audio track. Truly a once in a decade masterpiece. Oh well, would have purchased the series if there was one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1