• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Vandread – The Ultimate Collection Give-Away

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Casey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 am Reply with quote
XP Why do I even bother entering these?

I've literally never won anything in my life. Even candy as a kid in school functions or something.
ZakuAce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
gotta keep your fingers crossed...but not for this I want those OVAs Razz
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:15 am Reply with quote
It'd be nice to win, but I probably wouldn't normally go out of my way to own Vandread, especially season one.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote
Wait, so there actually is a OVA? I thought that was just a myth or at least fan speculation. Granted, the last time I checked that information out was several years ago and on Wikipedia. I know Wiki isn't always right, but in all fairness, information on "older" shows can be quite scarce.

As for the contest, I think I'll have better luck teaching my dog to play the song "Rock The Dragon" than entering. For those who don't know that song, it's from Dragon Ball Z. Possibly one of five best songs created in the ninety's.

But wow, all these years I thought that was pure fan speculation. Just hope its not chibi short or something like that as its challenging to take those seriously.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:32 am Reply with quote
I've entered this contest, knowing that I would probably not going to win this anyway.

This anime seems interesting, though I'm not a fan of Mecha Anime. :/
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:04 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Wait, so there actually is a OVA? I thought that was just a myth or at least fan speculation. Granted, the last time I checked that information out was several years ago and on Wikipedia. I know Wiki isn't always right, but in all fairness, information on "older" shows can be quite scarce.

As for the contest, I think I'll have better luck teaching my dog to play the song "Rock The Dragon" than entering. For those who don't know that song, it's from Dragon Ball Z. Possibly one of five best songs created in the nineties.

But wow, all these years I thought that was pure fan speculation. Just hope its not chibi short or something like that as its challenging to take those seriously.
IIRC they're just recaps of the two seasons with a little new footage. Still, I wish Funi'd release them separately, as I already have the Geneon release and don't feel like buying the whole show again. Especially when it's on 4 discs instead of 8.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:51 am Reply with quote
Though my chances of winning have worse odds than winning Indiana's Powerball lottery (which has the odds of being struck by lightning increasing), I entered.

Now it's just a waiting game: a surprise package in the mail or death by electrocution from the skies.

I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation.

Regardless, good luck to those who enter. Your odds just increased because I entered. Murphy's law at work.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 am Reply with quote
It's silly to not try entering these contests, even if you have the faintest interest in Vandread. The odds of winning these contests are a heck of alot better than, say, a national lottery. If it takes two seconds to put your address in, just go for it! Smile
xmen510

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote
I've entered and now am hoping to win. Who knows, right? Good luck everyone!
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Entered, maybe I will get lucky this time.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:43 pm Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
It's silly to not try entering these contests, even if you have the faintest interest in Vandread.

I have Geneon (ir was it Pioneer?)'s Vandread and I would like the OVAs - but it isn't worth the hassle of trying to find someone willing to be deputy and sorting out payment for shipping etc., so it is silly only if you are in the US or Canada.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
IIRC they're just recaps of the two seasons with a little new footage. Still, I wish Funi'd release them separately, as I already have the Geneon release and don't feel like buying the whole show again. Especially when it's on 4 discs instead of 8.

Good to know. I was hoping that I wasn't missing anything with the OVAs since I also have the original Geneon release. I certainly couldn't justify rebuying for the OVAs when I bought the DVDs a year ago.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
JohnnySake wrote:
It's silly to not try entering these contests, even if you have the faintest interest in Vandread.

I have Geneon (Ir was it Pioneer?)'s Vandread and I would like the OVAs - but it isn't worth the hassle of trying to find someone willing to be deputy and sorting out payment for shipping etc., so it is silly only if you are in the US or Canada.

Actually way way back in the 90's, they were called Pioneer. In 2003, they changed their name to Geneon. I am not sure why and most likely not ever know the reason behind that.

In 2007, Geneon filed for chapter eleven, meaning they were closing their location in US. Very sad to see that, but that is an entire story all together.

But since I have owned the original Geneon DVD, its rather pointless to buy the entire series again just for one-two OVA's. Shame though, I never actually though a OVA actually existed.

Maybe one day they'll be separate, but the chances of that happening are like the chances of Hare and Guu being licensed and given an English audio track with all the original voice actors.

Also, with these contests, the chances of winning are one in a million and thousands/millions of people visit this site daily. So there really is no point in entering, when just buying the DVD would be much faster and would actually help Funimation.
Pants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Your address should look something like this:

416 William St. #402
Moralton, SS 70707

Whoever wrote this seem to be a Moral Orel fan. Smile
This show just doesn't get the recognition it deserves, sadly.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Pants wrote:
Quote:
Your address should look something like this:

416 William St. #402
Moralton, SS 70707

Whoever wrote this seem to be a Moral Orel fan. Smile
This show just doesn't get the recognition it deserves, sadly.

That caught my eye when it was first added to the standard contest entry page. I appreciate anything that can draw attention to such a good show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2