• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New CLAMP Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxmiyuxx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Economy size CLAMP: LESS LINES...MORE FUN!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's because the characters were designed specifically with animation in mind, rather than for a manga, so, the fewer lines there are, the easier it is for the animators to draw the characters over and over again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Clamp's been using this art style lately a lot. I think it just started with Chobits, and after that, they just decided to do everything on their site like that because for the past two years or so the site has been filled with nothing but art with that style eyes and simple lines.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 2:59 pm Reply with quote
That's because most of their new stuff is drawn by Satsuki Igarashi rather than Mokona Apapa or Mick Nekoi, and she has a rougher style that's more fluid and a lot less elegant than the other two CLAMP members who do most of the drawing (Nanase Ohkawa doesn't do much of the actual art). That means her designs are better suited for animation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
good_night

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:04 pm Reply with quote
The title and premise is hilarious, if you've ever had a stomach disorder. Valerian is a root that thins the blood and calms nervous stomachs as well as promoting relaxation. It stinks to high heavens, but has a sweet taste/aftertaste. You can make tea with it, take pills, or use an oil-based eye-dropper version. With moderation, this holistic cureall can beat stress down pretty easily, in some ways. I used it for a long time for nervous stomach issues and for anxiety problems. It, however, does thein the blood, so if you're prone to heart problems or light-headedness/dizziness/vertigo, its something you have to be careful with (learned from experience).
Sweet Valerians is an anime that I hope isn't stinky and too sweet, like its namesake. Still, I find the "evil stress group" idea terribly funny! An anti-anxiety anime!
--Lauren Goodnight
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:35 pm Reply with quote
good_night wrote:
*Something about Valerian*

Is that kinda like that cough syrup who's tagline was "It tastes awful.......and works."?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2