• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Astro Toy: Nendoroid Drossel von Flügel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Umino

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 4:57 pm Reply with quote
CUTE *_*....Didn't really care for the character in the series but the toy itself is cute.
shaggyglasses

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote
i think i might buy, i'm trying to collect toys for my stop motion project.
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I own the figma Drossel and I'm sorely disappointed this is the only one that doesn't light up. Though, if I wanted to, I could use my prowess electrical skills and make it so.

I like the format of manly and cute. It works well. Just please, for the love of the universe, stay away from Hello Kitty. That's all I can hope for.
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:21 pm Reply with quote
This is just my guess, but I got the feeling that Drossel might be popular because of her strong resemblance to Hatsune Miku. The first time I saw her I thought she was supposed to be some kind of robo-Miku and I had to double-take to remember the existence of the fireball anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Fronzel

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:56 am Reply with quote
oh hay

I guess this one really was unpopular: it's two years old and doesn't have an entry in the encyclopedia.
Demon's Dream

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote
We saw several different versions of this character while we were in Japan a couple of weeks ago. It took me three stores to find out it was something from Disney, but had no idea what show it was from.
The_Q

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
"Mecha-Miku" is what I thought when I saw this.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Nice review. It's hard to not be tempted into collecting Nendoroids, but I've resisted so far!

There's actually two figma of Drossel, the second is a winter version that comes with a DVD.

Turned out on the final version her scarf and hat were hard plastic and the snow flake pattern was a sticker sheet which really pissed off a lot of people. Laughing

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quote
I'd never even heard of this show. When this review went up, I had to check it out. Shame it wasn't more popular, I thought it was hilarious.
Flame-G102

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 2:55 am Reply with quote
Amen. I loved this show. Its short, innocent nature made it so adorable, i couldnt help but fall in love with it.
But its true that its no-storyness kind of shoots it in the foot since you really want to know more about that world of theirs that keeps being mentioned in the show.

I loved the way it was, but maybe if they redid the show somehow...

But I digress, adorable chibi Drossel is adorable.

Im really tempted to buy one of the normal scale ones. (aka non nendoroid) her robotic sleek design really entices me so much. (I myself also have a weak spot for robots. Anime hyper)
Dakaran

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:15 am Reply with quote
Nendoroids are so cute it's hard to not want one. Anime hyper 45$ is cheap for that toy. It totally has blown my mind away, K.O. on the first punch xD!
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 3:23 am Reply with quote
Can't believe Disney even made the series. Thought it was too loli-moe-looking for their overprotective brand. Laughing
Flame-G102

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Can't believe Disney even made the series. Thought it was too loli-moe-looking for their overprotective brand. Laughing

Hmm. This too. Its so hard to believe it's Disney. Yet then again, it's Disney Japan Isnt it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1