• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Confirms Streams of Cross Game Baseball Anime in May

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
I just got to the halfway point of Touch, and am enjoying it immensly. If Cross Game is half as good, I'll be pre-ordering it as soon as possible.
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Viz, I love you. I love you so very, very much.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Yes! Oh man, an R1 company is finally going after something by Adachi. I'll definitely rewatch it in streaming form and will buy the DVDs as soon as they come out.

I just hope that they leave the names for the subs the same as what's being said. For instance, I don't want to hear Akaishi say "Tsukashima" but have the subs say "Aoba".

But regardless, I'll buy the series no matter what. I loved the TV series that much Smile
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's a pretty big jump into things given they haven't even gotten any feedback or numbers from their manga license; given how well sports anime and the recent Big Windup anime did in the past. Of course they do have all that Naruto and Bleach money... But I guess there's a reason its just a stream for right now.

But cool stuff! Was in the mood to rewatch this series. Here's hoping for Youtube and Hulu versions too. Cause man, navigating through sites like Viz and Funi are a pain. Grant Viz is much easier but still a pain.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quote
This was one of the best damn series of 2009 and my introduction to Mitsuru Adachi's stuff. I can't wait to see it via the legal stream. Bring me DVD's and I'll grab those too, Viz.

Last edited by GWOtaku on Mon May 10, 2010 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Damn. Now Viz is getting me more giddy about Cross Game. If they full out license the anime, I'm gonna be going crazy with joy. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! Cool

I thought this one might have a chance to get streamed, but it's still a pleasant surprise. Still think it's a longshot for DVD/Blu-Ray treatment, but this is definitely a step in the right direction and hopefully will encourage more people to check out this wonderful series. It is, at worst, one of the best series of the past year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Excellent! Cool

I thought this one might have a chance to get streamed, but it's still a pleasant surprise. Still think it's a longshot for DVD/Blu-Ray treatment, but this is definitely a step in the right direction and hopefully will encourage more people to check out this wonderful series. It is, at worst, one of the best series of the past year.
Has Viz streamed a series and then not released DVDs for it? Just curious if there has been something like this before, though granted they just started streaming recently. Were they the ones who were streaming Eyeshield on JetStream? Cause that could be one.

Nevertheless, I'm optimistic that if the stream gets a decent amount of hits and the manga sells well then they'll release it on DVD. At least, I really hope so.
asimpson2006

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I'm not huge into sports anime, but this looks a like a show that I really could enjoy and really get into. I will give it a watch once I am off work next month.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Key

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh, you don't need to be a fan of sports anime to get into this one; I'm not, and still loved it. Not only is the sports side of things more accessible to non-sports fans than normal, but the series is even more about everything else that goes on that feeds into the baseball aspect, especially in the relationships and romantic aspects. In a very real sense the series is as much about the lingering effect one person can have on those around her even years after her passing and the way that can shape the lives of those who were close to her.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Should do better than Big Windup just because the character designs don't look lame. But we might not get a DVD release on it any time soon.

Megiddo: They've published one-shots by him in the past.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I just love Viz Media!!! I have never heard of this series but everyone here is saying it's a good series so I can't wait to try it out! ^^ I'm sure I'll like the series anyways. Razz
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Yay! Always wanted to watch this show, but didn't wanna watch fansubs, so this is great. Hopefully, if Viz decides to do a dvd release, they won't botch it (Monster Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ).
CaptainAvatar

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote
I just hope this leads to a DVD release! I'm a dub fan, but this show was so good I would happily add a sub-only release to my collection - I thought this series was that good.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Dear Viz,

What about Monster?

Thank you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4