• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rock Band may get J-Rock DLC (yes, USA is getting this DLC)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:46 pm Reply with quote
How many of you play Guitar Hero or Rock Band and you wish J-Rock should be added on there? How many of you own Rock Band?

I never play Guitar Hero or Rock Band, but I will buy Rock Band. Here's the reason, Harmonix (creator of early Guitar Hero series and Rock Band series) has reported that J-Rock may come to Rock Band (yes, USA will get this and I hope Europe will also get this). According and confirmed by Destructoid. It has been reported that Harmonix is asking J-Rock fansite, JRockrevolution for potential Japanese bands to be brought to the game. In other word, some of your favorite J-rock Band and some J-rock song you heard from several anime may come to Rock Band. According to Destructoid, these artist selection is listed:

the GazettE
Dir en grey
X JAPAN
MIYAVI
GACKT
An Café
D'espairsRay
Nightmare
L'Arc~en~Ciel
Versailles ~Philharmonic Quintent~

Nightmare did the 1st opening and ending for Deathnote, and L'Arc~en~Ciel's "Ready Steady Go" is used for the 2nd opening for Fullmetal Alchemist. Again, this is just prelimenary list, we might get more in the future. This is serious news, this probably may give anime and J-Rock more exposure in USA if they put J-rock on Rock Band. Also, as soon as Kotaku report this, comment went beyond 500+ and this is very serious.

What J-rock bands and songs would you want to see on Rock Band when the DLC comes to USA? For me I like Rock Band to have:

Zetsoubou Billy-Maximum the Hormone (Deathnote 2nd ending)

What's up people-Maximum the Hormone (Deathnote 2nd OP)

Dress -BUCK-TICK (song used in Trinity Blood OP)

Aozora no Namida-Hitomi Takahashi (song used for Blood + 1st opening)

Raion-Jinn (Blood + 4th opening)

Konya Wa Hurricane-song from Bubblegum Crisis

Red Fraction-MELL (song OP for Black Lagoon)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
YoSoyJaponesa

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:33 am Reply with quote
Pretty obvious:

Any song by The Pillows would make me a happy camper...X3
poonk

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:19 am Reply with quote
Kind of disappointing that the list is mostly heavier rock and mostly visual kei-leaning (though it may be pretty fun to play some of the older/sparklier Laruku songs). I do not play video games at all nor am I particularly interested but if, say, Bump of Chicken's discography were made available I could easily be convinced to get into Rock Band. Good luck finding any fellow players around here who would get into it with me though (thus negating the fun).

Not that there aren't other musical groups I'd love to play around with but many don't seem to fit the Rock Band mold-- either not strictly a "rock" band (such as Akeboshi, Lambsey, or various pop groups) or maybe too weird (a la Avengers in Sci-Fi, telephones, et al). But yeah, if there were some karaoke-only version of Rock Band that had access to J-Rock/Pop stuff I'd probably be all over it, spending my evenings caterwauling to myself in my apartment. Alas, there is not.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:59 am Reply with quote
That's too much Visual Kei for my tastes, but I like a couple of the bands so I'd probably buy some. I'm assuming these would be in packs or for individual download in the Rock Band marketplace. I'd like to see some Pillows too, and some Asian Kung-Fu Generation.

Akeboshi would be sweet, but I don't think his stuff uses enough of the typical rock instruments.

It's a tradition to get drunk and play Rock Band on various weekends with my family. Poor neighbors. I don't think they appreciate my vocal work on Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit at 11 on a Saturday night. Doubt they'd like to hear Japanese visual kei on top of that.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote
poonk wrote:
Kind of disappointing that the list is mostly heavier rock and mostly visual kei-leaning (though it may be pretty fun to play some of the older/sparklier Laruku songs). I do not play video games at all nor am I particularly interested but if, say, Bump of Chicken's discography were made available I could easily be convinced to get into Rock Band. Good luck finding any fellow players around here who would get into it with me though (thus negating the fun).

It's about time that some people reply to this topic. I've been waiting for this since last week, at least I got 3 people. Also Poonk, let's not forget Guitar Hero: World Tour had some European Rock (I believe some of the song in that DLC had non-English lyrics) DLC in there. If Guitar Hero can have European Rock, then Rock Band can have J-rock. People will play any rock music on Rock Band/Guitar Hero no matter what country the music come from. Now I think it's about time J-Rock get more exposure in USA, that means we may get more newly recruited anime fan. One more thing, Poonk. I think you really need to play some video game there's a lot of thing you're missing out there.

YoSoyJaponesa wrote:
Pretty obvious:

Any song by The Pillows would make me a happy camper...X3

You're not the only one, about more then 100 people want to see the Pillows' song on Rock Band. Did you went to Kotaku via the link. About more then half of the comments on that article, people wanted The Pillows on Rock Band.

littlegreenwolf wrote:
That's too much Visual Kei for my tastes, but I like a couple of the bands so I'd probably buy some. I'm assuming these would be in packs or for individual download in the Rock Band marketplace. I'd like to see some Pillows too, and some Asian Kung-Fu Generation.

Well, I'm not sure how they'll put up the J-rock DLC. But it'll be intresting if I can get more info. I'll keep checking Kotaku and Japanator to see if any more info pop up about Rock Band and J-pop.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:05 am Reply with quote
Looking at it the list more I think instead of just Gackt they should go for some Malice Mizer, a band he was with previously. They had some weird songs, but some rather awesome ones too.
Natsukashii

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Wow... this has made my day! I love both Rock Band and Guitar Hero and to find out the GazettE will maybe on them is just >_____< *insert appropriate word here*
Hmm songs I'd like to see...

- the GazettE - Carry? and maybe Nausea and Shudder
- Maximum the Hormone - What's Up People?!
- Girugamesh - Smash!! (not fussed on their new new stuff)
- Dir En Grey - The Fatal Believer
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:46 am Reply with quote
Well as I said in the Rock Band forums when the Rock Band: Japan both was announced and has now assumed to have vanished, that The Pillows is required.

I'd also like some other genre's of music to be represented from the east, surely with the bands listed they have more than just pop-rock and metal. (As the one X Japan song already released is considered within the metal Genre.)

Also bears mentioning that there is already one J-Metal song by X Japan, I.V. in Rock Band 2 (Granted you have to buy the game new, and download it with a pack of 19 other songs, but still there is a way to get it.) Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHaUHV1iN-Q

Now for those who are disappointed that you can't sing in Japanese, well from what I understand is that they have a lack of QA's that understand the language, however that hasn't stopped them from releasing at least one song that has Japanese spoken (it's a talkie part) however it's more of a quote from a movie than actually sung and is also a band that is not from Japan and is considered Classic Rock, the Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla. Vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMPmiRDUK78

So we shall see if anything comes from this polling...
neokiva

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I agree they should have japanese songs (including anime music) on dlc or track pack. i mean come on they have *shudders* spongebob square pants songs and timmy and the lord of the underworld (although its very funny to try and sing it)
most of the japanese songs i like are mostly anime related tho ^^:

heres what id like to seein addition to one suggested so far:
the devil may cry theme "D.M.C." by Rungran
maximum the hormone rollin1000toon (air master theme)
orange range asterix
home made kazoku nagariboshi,arigatou
number one bleach
t.m revolution resonance
Raison D'etre by nightmare
you by yurie
kamen no maid guy end work guy
outlawstar through the night
we gotta power dragonball z theme
88 by LM.C
these are the songs id like (well id like to have all anime songs on rock band ect but ill settle for these) ^^
kingdomH121

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I downloaded the one from X Japan but I don't know any others I was expecting songs from k-on series and Hatsune miku or atleast I hope
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1