• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Durarara!!, Vampire Knight, Eden of the East, More Licensed in U.K.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
So I guess that probably means that funimation isn't getting Durarara.

You know what...I don't even care about funimation any more. It's fairly apparent I'm not in their target market if they pass up a show like Durarara for the crap they've been getting lately.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:01 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

You know what...I don't even care about funimation any more. It's fairly apparent I'm not in their target market if they pass up a show like Durarara for the crap they've been getting lately.

Wow, poor you.

Seems there have been a couple big titles now that the UK revealed their license of first. Durarara and Summer Wars have both been announced for them, while no word from the US. I'm sure it'll happen sooner or later, just interesting to see the UK coming out first.
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I want DRRR!! in america, on DVD NOW!!!!!!!

You UK people are L.U.C.K.Y. to get DRRR!! licensed first! I hope that this series get licensed for us Americans! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:13 pm Reply with quote
That's great for the UK. I hope Durarara makes it's way to the US sometime, but I'm not about to whine about it. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xjacqi123x

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
DURARARA!! <3
This is amazing news, especially after this weeks ANNcast with Tim Maughan discussing about how we in the UK only get 'The crumbs from the US' table'.
BUT OMG YES. I can't breathe from excitement! Anime hyper
agila61

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:16 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:

You don't even know if they were on the inside track for Durarara ... Aniplex may have had that penciled for their own direct subtitled R1 release all along, and were only shopping it around to see what R2-ex-Japan, R3 or R4 distributors would be interested.
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote
This is awesome news! May awesome shows like Baccano and Durarara be spread all over the planet; they really deserve to be seen by everybody.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Sigh now I got to wait tell some one in the US License Durarara!! lucky UK basterds
egoist

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:23 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
Sigh now I got to wait tell some one in the US License Durarara!! lucky UK basterds

No kidding. We got Baccano! in the beginning of 2009, yet it took you about 18 months more to see it licensed. Cool
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:49 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

Bakemonogatari is a Kodansha title (at least, they hold the international rights for it) and usually FUNimation releases those.

I say "usually" in italics because it was on Crunchyroll if I recall, and that may mean they passed on it...or not.

Bakemonogatari wasn't on Crunchyroll.
The Count

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:16 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

No kidding. We got Baccano! in the beginning of 2009, yet it took you about 18 months more to see it licensed. Cool
Confused That's the same time we got it, isn't it?
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Congrats U.K!! Smile We Americans shouldn't hog all the licenses, though here's to a US license hopefully soon~!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:39 pm Reply with quote
The Count wrote:
egoist wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

You're not quite good with the sarcasm. Baccano was just licensed for UK release.
The Count

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
The Count wrote:
egoist wrote:
firedragon54738 wrote:

You're not quite good with the sarcasm. Baccano was just licensed for UK release.
Embarassed My fault, I missed that Baccano was parts of this license announcement. Oh how I love to look silly. Laughing
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Awesome, I was waiting for Durarara to be licensed. I am sort of dissapointed about the sub-only thing though, would have liked to have seen that dubbed.

It's also good to get confirmation that Manga is releasing the Eden of the East series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4