• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bunny Drop Manga Gets Live-Action Film Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genten

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:44 am Reply with quote
Generally I don't like live-action adaptions of anime/manga but I think this would really work as a movie. Can't wait to see it.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:08 am Reply with quote
Genten wrote:
Generally I don't like live-action adaptions of anime/manga but I think this would really work as a movie. Can't wait to see it.
Same here! "Bunny Drop" is one of my favorite manga in recent memory, and I really think a live-action film could be great if done the right way! I hope that Viz or FUNimation licenses the North American DVD rights to this one!
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 am Reply with quote
I was waiting to add my two cents about the Bunny Drop manga, if it hopefully gets reviewed here someday. I agree it could be a cute film if done with the same heart-warming feel that the first book exudes. I love the first volume and I am already impatient in waiting for volume two.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:31 am Reply with quote
Wow, I'm surprised it didn't get green-lit for an animated feature. But I guess they feel it works better as a live-action. I adore the comic so I'm looking forward to reading more.
PingSoni
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 am Reply with quote
I love the Bunny Drop manga; I'll definitely be watching for this! I'm guessing the live action will cover the first part of the story, when Rin is six years old? (Which is also the four volumes for which Yen Press has announced release dates.)
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote
JohnnySake wrote:
I was waiting to add my two cents about the Bunny Drop manga, if it hopefully gets reviewed here someday. I agree it could be a cute film if done with the same heart-warming feel that the first book exudes. I love the first volume and I am already impatient in waiting for volume two.
Yeah. Yen Press needs to be better about releases. We have to wait til SEPTEMBER for the next volume... It's a bit irritating.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:30 pm Reply with quote
After having read the first volume, I'm not a bit surprised this is getting a live-action adaptation. I'd definitely see it if it was available, because the manga alone has turned out be a genuinely sweet surprise.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote
So, she's his 6-yr-old aunt? Laughing
gorbal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Who else breathed a sigh of relief when they read it was a Josei.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:13 pm Reply with quote
gorbal wrote:
Who else breathed a sigh of relief when they read it was a Josei.

What's wrong with making your 6-yr-old aunt into loli moe T&A incestilicious shounen? Laughing
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Sounds rather reminiscent of Aishiteruze Baby. I think I might prefer the character designs of this one - although I'm basing this purely on that minimal cover art.

--edit--
Of course, being live action might have a bearing on that.. need to polish my eyes.

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I think it really deserves a live-action adaption, so I'm very happy about this. Anime smile
prime_pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:26 pm Reply with quote
My favorite josei story I love to read, glad to hear it's getting a live drama of its own.

Hell, probably make a good TV series as well.
PaniPoni61

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:59 am Reply with quote
Seconding, thirding, et cetera-ing the "yay" factor this announcement has caused. I remember when I picked up the first tankobon for Bunny Drop. I hadn't heard anything about it, hadn't read anything about it, I just picked it up, saw both front & back covers....by the end of the night, i'd read it through twice. I was hoping for an animated series for it, but a live action show? As long as freakin Hollywood doesn't do it, I'll be okay with it. Hollywood would only make it another crappy agenda-ish show, or dumb it down to lowest common denominator.
To those who decry Yen Press' "taking sooooo long" to get the next issue out, remember, good things come to those who wait, and are you sure you want Daikichi, and especially Rin-to find out what happened to her Mom?

.......of course, i'm still waiting for another 2 months for the next (final? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!) issue of GA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1