• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FMA: B Ends July 4; Sengoku Basara 2 Starts July 11

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 am Reply with quote
ah hey what a surprise thought the show was gonna be 63 episodes long going by ANN.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 am Reply with quote
From what I have seen of the last chapter it is as powerful, and as moving as you would expect the finale of this series to be. Though obviously I need to find a translation to understand what Ed actually did.

Brotherhood may have started off rough but by the time it got to the new material it really started to eclipse the first series. It was great to see that they knew that Bradley was the coolest fighter so they made sure everytime he took the scene it was beautiful. Fullmetal Alchemist can not be replaced, and it will be missed.
ELDRAGON

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:37 am Reply with quote
aw man... should I read the last chapter or should I wait for the episode. I mean, they're only a couple of weeks apart Confused
Ranma87

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:39 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
From what I have seen of the last chapter it is as powerful, and as moving as you would expect the finale of this series to be. Though obviously I need to find a translation to understand what Ed actually did.

Brotherhood may have started off rough but by the time it got to the new material it really started to eclipse the first series. It was great to see that they knew that Bradley was the coolest fighter so they made sure everytime he took the scene it was beautiful. Fullmetal Alchemist can not be replaced, and it will be missed.
At the rate they air airing on Adult Swim it should probably finish this winter or next spring.

So longer wait for me lol
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:53 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised/impressed that they can cut it so close together.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:54 am Reply with quote
Ranma87 wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

At the rate they air airing on Adult Swim it should probably finish this winter or next spring.

AS confirmed that they are airing up to the late 20s, and then taking a break. So it will probably be quite a while before they finish; Funimation is streaming the episodes though! Smile
holy_

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:32 am Reply with quote
FMA Crying or Very sad

I will never forget you Cool
Ranma87

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:33 am Reply with quote
bleachigo66 wrote:
Ranma87 wrote:
Charred Knight wrote:

AS confirmed that they are airing up to the late 20s, and then taking a break. So it will probably be quite a while before they finish; Funimation is streaming the episodes though! Smile
Noooo how gay.

I was hoping I could watch the whole thing with a new episode every week.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:55 am Reply with quote
So does that make it 65 episodes then?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote
Ranma87 wrote:
Noooo how gay.

Noooo how offensive! Seriously, I know the fangirls went crazy over the first anime, but how is FMA gay? It's not BL. So don't use the term to mean "bad" or "lame." It's insulting to anyone who is gay. And besides, it makes you sound like an immature teenager, which I assume you are not.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:59 am Reply with quote
holy_ wrote:
FMA Crying or Very sad

I will never forget you Cool

FMA has truly been a well loved and endearing series. I'll be crying once it ends. Thankfully I've been watching the English dub of the Brotherhood anime, and they're only on episode 18.
kpk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote
mglittlerobin wrote:

How is it 65? Shocked
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:

How is it 65? Shocked

Actually 64 because I counted the weeks. because there are only 5 weeks left til then and I only watch Funimation's streams of FMA:B.
jsc315

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 am Reply with quote
vashfanatic wrote:
Ranma87 wrote:
Noooo how gay.

Noooo how offensive! Seriously, I know the fangirls went crazy over the first anime, but how is FMA gay? It's not BL. So don't use the term to mean "bad" or "lame." It's insulting to anyone who is gay. And besides, it makes you sound like an immature teenager, which I assume you are not.

Wow are you really serious? You find the term gay insulting? Kids have been saying that for decades. Who gives you the right to say what is right and wrong especially to a group of people. You have no right to say all gay people find that offensive by any means!

It's people like this who want to censor us and say it offensive to everyone when it really just offends them. Stop trying to act like you know what your talking about because you dont. I know many gay people personally and have never had a problem using that word like that EVER. I know gay people who actually have used it in a negative way as well. So just stop making up lies and spreading it as truth.

On the topic of discussion. I'm Kind of glad FMA will be over. Its been a great series but glad it wont be dragging on longer then it has to and fall apart like so many others.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 am Reply with quote
kpk wrote:
mglittlerobin wrote:

How is it 65? Shocked

2 OVA episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2