• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Daisuke Ishiwatari and Toshimichi Mori

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Aw, I was hoping for some new info. Oh well, at least they backed up the whole 'Tao doesn't actually have a face' argument. The people who are hell bent on seeing her face are totally missing what makes her character design good.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Blazblue is the first time I really cared about a fighting game storyline like that. Love the character designs as well. I hope they complete the storyline in full. Hate to not have conclusions to storylines I like so much! Hope the next game sells well and wish them the best on getting an anime done if possible.
AnnoyedWabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:34 pm Reply with quote
What is with Japanese and In N' Out? Anime hyper

Thanks for the interview. These two are pretty amusing in person, too.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:36 pm Reply with quote
A good read, though I was ecstatic to see him reference Tactics Ogre, a game that to this day I still play.
LaN-X

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope continuum shift sells well. I really want the series to continue. Love this game.
Mr. Gruntsworthy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't play it as much as I should, sadly. The artwork is f***ing beautiful, the characters are intriguing, and the gameplay is great. I guess it's just my crappiness at playing it that keeps me away from it.

oh, and Taokaka is the <3.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
How did you feel about the Star Wars prequels?

TM: Personally, I really liked them.

It's actually a relief to once in a while read someone say something good about the prequels. Gia asked the same question to Gainax's Hiroyuki Yamaga just a short while ago, as if keeping trying to confirm the prequels' unpopularity. It's been years since these movies came out, even if you disliked them, leave them alone already!!! They have their fans, as hard to believe as that may be for some! Sorry, I felt the need to get that out.
-kf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
What is with Japanese and In N' Out?

I'm curious about this as well. I like In'n'Out too but doesn't Japan have decent burger places?

Quote:
It's actually a relief to once in a while read someone say something good about the prequels.

Haha, I guess it's good that someone likes them, as hard as it is to believe.

Quote:
Rebel One" instead of "Level One"?

Please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed because I thought of a Japanese person saying level one in engrish.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:03 pm Reply with quote
-kf wrote:
Quote:

I'm curious about this as well. I like In'n'Out too but doesn't Japan have decent burger places?

Like this? Laughing

Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:29 pm Reply with quote
So...aside from this pretty dry interview, Daisuke did say one important thing

Quote:
That fanbase make the genre a success. That's what keeps the genre alive.

I kinda wish Capcom thought this way, instead of pimping their #1 franchise out to people who don't even buy their games.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:01 pm Reply with quote
-kf wrote:
Quote:

Everyone has a weird hard-on for In 'n Out. As a resident of Southern California, I'm pretty indifferent to it (probably because it's everywhere here), but most every visitor I get and nearly every convention guest I've run in to wants In 'n Out when they're here. It's like "welp, I'm in socal, better go to Disneyland and stop for a double-double".

The Hat is better just FYI
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:25 am Reply with quote
I love BlazBlue, and wound up purchasing the Special Edition. The story and characters are really interesting (I personally haven't seen a fighting game with so much depth in the story since Kikaioh released in the late 90's), the animations and graphics are beautiful, the music kicks ass, the gameplay is a lot of fun and it's a really well-polished overall package. I unfortunately never take the time to actually play it as much as I'd like to, but all the same, I definitely plan on getting Continuum Shift at some point after it releases. Smile

On another note, it's really neat to see so many cool and interesting interviews and articles posting on the site recently. Very Happy It's surprising and exciting to read commentary from Daisuke Ishiwatari and Toshimichi Mori, and I appreciate having been able to learn their various views on subjects regarding the Japanese and Western markets, as well as the games that they've worked/are working on.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote
-kf wrote:
Quote:
It's actually a relief to once in a while read someone say something good about the prequels.

Haha, I guess it's good that someone likes them, as hard as it is to believe.

It could be that the Japanese don't realize how much Americans hate the prequel and that he is simply saying this to be polite due to the fact that Star Wars is a major American pop culture icon in general.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1