• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, May 30-June 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ulinox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote
Great to see Hellsing and One Piece on the list. OP volumes catching up. Arrow
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:47 am Reply with quote
Nice to see at least 2 volumes of One Piece on the list. Once again, Naruto is #1.... Sad
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:07 am Reply with quote
I normally buy the One Piece books the day they come out... but last week was different, I actually got all, of them early because I went to Fanime and some stalls sold them early so I was able to get them (I also got the new Bleach). So I was someone who usually contributes to the One Piece list but wasn't able to this time.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote
Shonen Jump is still going strong.

Naruto, Bleach, Yu-Gi-Oh R, and One Piece all made it.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:34 pm Reply with quote
It's rare that we ever get this amount of turnover. Though there were an unusual number of big names released.
ZeroDemio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Fans of Hellsing wanted over a year for the final Volume, and so I must say, W00T!
The Xenos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Sad to see Hellsing in the middle of a ghettoized manga list while the awful Twilight 'manga' takes the number one spot in the overall graphic novel list.

Though aside from Twilight, I own all the other comics listed, in some form, of the hard cover and soft cover graphic novel lists save for the Dark Town and Flash book. Nice to see Walking Dead and Scott Pilgrim getting notice. I'm still ind denial that both are such big hits and getting what looks to be damn good live action adaptation. Also, I actually got Wilson autographed by author Dan Clowes when I went to an interview of his. So nice to see that selling well.

Interesting to see One Piece 49 and 50 listed. I would guess with them coming out five books a month, on the same week even, that all five volumes would have the same sales numbers.

Also nice to see Black Butler up there. Tempted to check it out and see what a number of friends have been raving about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1