• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Now Streaming - Nobody's Boy Remi 1-5

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Otaking09

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:43 am Reply with quote
Can't wait to watch it!!! Supposed to be one of the best right?

Only time will tell... I'll joint watch this Toradora!
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote
I keep getting a black screen and a "Skip the Science Kid" commercial playing in the background when I try to watch beyond episode 1. What's up with that?
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:33 am Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
I keep getting a black screen and a "Skip the Science Kid" commercial playing in the background when I try to watch beyond episode 1. What's up with that?

Argh, Javascript bug. We're fixing it now. In the mean time you can work around it by deleting /#play-1 from the URL and hitting return. Sorry about that.

"Sid the Science Kid" is a paid advertisement, believe it or not.

EDIT: OK, it should be fixed now.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:10 am Reply with quote
I saw the first episode and I liked it! Very Happy
Paploo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:39 am Reply with quote
I love Dezaki. I want to watch it. But oh, this is not a series for the the easily depressed from what I've heard 0_o Will have to watch it sparingly. I haven't watched many of ANN's streams, but with only the french R1 available at the moment (which I would buy, but the theme song is kind of scary/chipper), I think I might go with this.
sepherest

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote
I remember searching like crazy for the DVDs of Nobody's Boy (online and at stores) when I heard they were being released.
I was never able to get them, but I'm glad that it's being streamed now, along with other older series like Harlock. Very Happy
KanjiiZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:33 am Reply with quote
Justin, now I just get a black screen. I don't even get the "Sid the Science Kid" commercial. I gave it a good eight hours to see if my internet was being stupid...but I can't see beyond episode two, even after I take out the code. I get this out of focus box that says Anime News Network.

EDIT: I managed to get episode 2 going. Let's see if it works for the rest.

Last edited by KanjiiZ on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
Justin, now I just get a black screen.

When in familiar situations such as this, I usually try to keep a stiff upper-lip and pursue other diversions instead. Fortunately for you however, your frustration on the matter is, de jure, legitimate.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jgreen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Is this series as perfectly wholesome as it looks? I've been looking for an anime to watch during my lunch break at work, but preferably something that's wholly unobjectionable so I can't get in trouble if someone wanders into my cube at the wrong moment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
corinthian

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Paploo wrote:
But oh, this is not a series for the the easily depressed from what I've heard 0_o

From what I hear (mostly on ANNCast) this series isn't for anybody who wants to remain even remotely happy. I believe the phrase "soul crushing" came up more than once...
jsevakis
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:32 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Is this series as perfectly wholesome as it looks? I've been looking for an anime to watch during my lunch break at work, but preferably something that's wholly unobjectionable so I can't get in trouble if someone wanders into my cube at the wrong moment.

This series was made for kids and families, so it's 100% clean. That said, your co-workers might wonder why you're sobbing uncontrollably.

OTOH, if you have a really evil sense of humor, you might be able to laugh at it...
Cosplaybunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm a glutton for punishment but I'm really enjoying Remi. I can't wait for next Sunday.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:50 pm Reply with quote
KanjiiZ wrote:
Justin, now I just get a black screen. I don't even get the "Sid the Science Kid" commercial. I gave it a good eight hours to see if my internet was being stupid...but I can't see beyond episode two, even after I take out the code. I get this out of focus box that says Anime News Network.

EDIT: I managed to get episode 2 going. Let's see if it works for the rest.

Maybe Sid will pop up anymore because you called him Skip? Kidding, just kidding.

Justin hit the nail on the head though, this is a Java problem. Since I know slightly more than the average person about Java, all I can say is this really isn't a problem for computer professionals like Justin and others.

Just relax and take it easy. Though there is no way I am watching this show, depressing shows are a bit too much for me.
Mylene

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:09 pm Reply with quote
I rushed home from work so I could watch the first episode before cooking dinner, and this is what I got:

I'm using Firefox version 3.6.3, and used to be able to watch ANN streaming videos just fine...

Any suggestions and any chance this will start working in Firefox? I tried a few different episodes of Remy with the same results, but other things like Vampire Knight loaded fine.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I had that exact same problem in Firefox, but then I tried it in IE and was able to watch all available episodes without any issues.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3