• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic Novels 4 & 5 to Ship in U.S. Next February

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:31 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Now if the first three could be re-printed, I'd actually be excited!

They're out of print are they? I'm not sure I was even aware they'd been released in English.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Wow, first time I heard of something come off such a long hiatus to finish up! Typos or not, be glad and fortunate that they are coming!

Expect to see a lot of giant hiatuses ending if this and B't X Volume 16, apparently coming out November 30, 2010 [just less than 2.5 years after Volume 15's release], have anything to say about TokyoPop right now.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Now if the first three could be re-printed, I'd actually be excited!

They're out of print are they? I'm not sure I was even aware they'd been released in English.
They go for $50+ on Amazon and eBay right now - I think they've been out of print for awhile if people are asking for that amount.
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Am I happy? Yes, however while I am glad to have them, I must say I am starting to get a little ticked about this trend of starting to consolidate multiple books into one book. I love my collection and having these just seems to take away from the coolness of it all. It's not two books, there are not two covers, there are not two awesome. But one lump of book that just should be two.

I guess what I am trying to say is I love to collect and with these things it makes less that I can collect.

So in conclusion. I cant wait, but I'm not happy about it...but I am Laughing

Oh and I think Tokyopop has gotten better on the typo's. We shall see.

*note: Yes I am crazy, dont take me to be a serious as I sounded.
uicno

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:30 pm Reply with quote
OK Smile I managed to buy the 3rd volume for 10$ on Amazon.ca just now...I can't help but wonder why it would take it 2 months to arrive but well..nothing I can do about it anyway better than paying 60$+ for it
thief_ac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:45 pm Reply with quote
At last the wait is over Very Happy
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Ghstmtrx wrote:
Am I happy? Yes, however while I am glad to have them, I must say I am starting to get a little ticked about this trend of starting to consolidate multiple books into one book. I love my collection and having these just seems to take away from the coolness of it all. It's not two books, there are not two covers, there are not two awesome. But one lump of book that just should be two.

I guess what I am trying to say is I love to collect and with these things it makes less that I can collect.

Gotta disagree there, I love the omnibusing of titles. Fewer cliffhangs, and (more imporantly to non-TP releases of manga than novels) they use larger pages for nice big displays.

Either way, glad to hear this series is spinning back up again after the shock that it apparently wasn't doing well enough to avoid the general retrenchment. Hopefully this will also help get more titles off the indefinite hiatus list.
bluegreen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news, I'd given up hope a long time ago haha. I wonder if Yen press's success with the Haruhi novels and their other stuff had anything to do with this
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read any of them yet, but now that more of the set is available I think I'm going to pick them up.

There are novels, not manga, right?
machetecat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 pm Reply with quote
R315r4z0r wrote:

There are novels, not manga, right?
Correct.
redcar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:58 pm Reply with quote
HOLY CRAP YES!!! I had given up hope for continued localization, so this is AWESOME news! Maybe now there's new hope for Banner of the Stars as well... Very Happy
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Good news because that means Tokyo Pop is still in business. Haven't head any news from them in several weeks-months.

Look on the positive side though, at least it wasn't dropped or taken several more years. Trying to find the last two volumes of Dr. Slump probably took that amount of time (two years, like FMP.)

Wouldn't mind watching another season to entirely wrap up Full Metal Panic, but the third and maybe final season was good enough.
Kalessin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Woohoo!!!!!!!!! Not that is good news. And two at once! Woohoo!!! Thank you Tokyopop.

Now, here's to hoping that they'll continue to publish them at a faster pace after this. There are other titles that I'd for them to continue (like Scrapped Princess), but light novels are doing poorly enough at this point that any light novel announcement is good news, and announcements for this series even more so. Great news indeed.
lkmjr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:04 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I've been trying to find a copy of volume 4 for months, really want to finish the series. (Now if only they would pick Slayers back up...)
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:17 pm Reply with quote
This is great news. Hopefully they will continue past book 5. I'm dying for some more FMP. Unfortunately KyoAni doesn't seem to be in any hurry to make a new anime. Maybe when the final book comes out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3